lance

Tired of seeing this false positive!

Evening all,

I refer to this thread and SEVERAL others relating to the System BrokenFileAssociation FALSE POSITIVE.

It was promised to fixed with the latest build but alas no, it's still being detected. (I am running build 4.41.1000)

Is this ever going to be fixed, and do any of the techs or developers of this product ever read the threads in this forum?

Thanks!

Win 7 32 bit.

sas32010-08-01_180835.png

Evening all,

I refer to this thread and SEVERAL others relating to the System BrokenFileAssociation FALSE POSITIVE.

It was promised to fixed with the latest build but alas no, it's still being detected. (I am running build 4.41.1000)

Is this ever going to be fixed, and do any of the techs or developers of this product ever read the threads in this forum?

Thanks!

Win 7 32 bit.

sas32010-08-01_180835.png

Can you export that key so we can see they data and then we can try and determine why you are getting this detection? We have had no further reports (other than yours) once we updated the definition, so we'd like to track it down and see what's happening on your system.

Can you export that key so we can see they data and then we can try and determine why you are getting this detection? We have had no further reports (other than yours) once we updated the definition, so we'd like to track it down and see what's happening on your system.

Sure, here it is. (Attached).

SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log

https://www.superantispyware.com

Generated 08/02/2010 at 10:34 PM

Application Version : 4.41.1000

Core Rules Database Version : 5299

Trace Rules Database Version: 3111

Scan type : Custom Scan

Total Scan Time : 00:00:11

Memory items scanned : 0

Memory threats detected : 0

Registry items scanned : 0

Registry threats detected : 1

File items scanned : 39

File threats detected : 0

System.BrokenFileAssociation

HKCR\.exe

HKCRexe.zip

PS Just curious, is THIS the Malware you have definitions for that are are picking up this key, and is that reg key I provided safe? I'm fairly sure it is from what I've read.

Thanks!

I've been having this problem for months and months too. I've opened up a ticket a while ago and a few times I've been told the next update should fix it but so far it's still there.

SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log

https://www.superantispyware.com

Generated 08/15/2010 at 08:02 AM

Application Version : 4.41.1000

Core Rules Database Version : 5359

Trace Rules Database Version: 3171

Scan type : Complete Scan

Total Scan Time : 00:00:05

Memory items scanned : 86

Memory threats detected : 0

Registry items scanned : 0

Registry threats detected : 1