Sign in to follow this  
ButchN

What does SAS really do/block?

And what I mean is I've had it for a long time now, a couple of years at least IIRC, I let it load up & run in the background yet I still have to do manual scans which it finds a ton of stuff, some that say trojan/malware, that I feel it should be blocking & removing by itself.

So, what does this program really do aside from making me do the scans & removals?

I mean, isn't it supposed to automatically block/clean tracking cookies, trojans, malware, etc. or am I missing what this program is supposed to do.

Thanks

hey butch.. sorry i didn't reply sooner.. i started to reply, earlier, but cancelled it..

SAS will not block malware from being downloaded, but, if a malicious file tries to run, SAS will block it from running, if it is covered by SAS's malware-definitions..

i don't know what you are seeing when you run a scan with SAS.. you could post a SAS scan-log if you want to..

if the same malware keeps being regenerated on your computer, after SAS removes it, it is possible that you have a rootkit that SAS is not removing and that the rootkit is regenerating malicious files or that it is downloading malicious files..

And what I mean is I've had it for a long time now, a couple of years at least IIRC, I let it load up & run in the background yet I still have to do manual scans which it finds a ton of stuff, some that say trojan/malware, that I feel it should be blocking & removing by itself.

So, what does this program really do aside from making me do the scans & removals?

I mean, isn't it supposed to automatically block/clean tracking cookies, trojans, malware, etc. or am I missing what this program is supposed to do.

Thanks

What exactly are you seeing on your system? Please post a scan log here for review.