Sign in to follow this  
ldb

SAS installer

I much appreciate that there is now a 64 bit version of SAS, but I have had untold number of problems with the installer. I put all of my apps on a separate partition because I do not want my OS partition getting clogged up with programs. It used to be that all I had to do with the installer was to change the drive letter in the install path in the window. Now there is no window and I have to do a browse which I get an immediate error message that I cannot install to my user directory. I then have to point to the drive and folder I want and even create a folder for the install.

My first experience with this installer, I did not know that this was now a 64 bit version included and installed to the 32 bit programs folder. The install was not contained within a folder as I did know that I needed to create one. So amongst 25+ other program folders was scattered all of the SAS files. I uninstalled the program to start fresh and when I got back to the folder with the bad install all but around 5 of my previously installed programs were wiped. It took a great deal of time and effort to reinstall all of the lost programs. I still to this day cannot reinstall my printer drivers although I am getting by with the Microsoft drivers. I also could not reinstall the current version of Java I had and had to wait for an update for a proper reinstall.

I just installed version 4.40.1002 yesterday and here comes version 4.41.1000. So I let the installer uninstall it and then try 3 times to install the new version with a failed install everytime. It seems that the file SAScore64.exe had not been uninstalled and could not be deleted. I tried installing to the default directory and then uninstalling, but the file was still in use by Windows so I had to go into Services and turn it off. I was then able to delete it and proceed with the install. So please make some improvements to the installer for those of us that want to specify a different install path. Thanks

I much appreciate that there is now a 64 bit version of SAS, but I have had untold number of problems with the installer. I put all of my apps on a separate partition because I do not want my OS partition getting clogged up with programs. It used to be that all I had to do with the installer was to change the drive letter in the install path in the window. Now there is no window and I have to do a browse which I get an immediate error message that I cannot install to my user directory. I then have to point to the drive and folder I want and even create a folder for the install.

My first experience with this installer, I did not know that this was now a 64 bit version included and installed to the 32 bit programs folder. The install was not contained within a folder as I did know that I needed to create one. So amongst 25+ other program folders was scattered all of the SAS files. I uninstalled the program to start fresh and when I got back to the folder with the bad install all but around 5 of my previously installed programs were wiped. It took a great deal of time and effort to reinstall all of the lost programs. I still to this day cannot reinstall my printer drivers although I am getting by with the Microsoft drivers. I also could not reinstall the current version of Java I had and had to wait for an update for a proper reinstall.

I just installed version 4.40.1002 yesterday and here comes version 4.41.1000. So I let the installer uninstall it and then try 3 times to install the new version with a failed install everytime. It seems that the file SAScore64.exe had not been uninstalled and could not be deleted. I tried installing to the default directory and then uninstalling, but the file was still in use by Windows so I had to go into Services and turn it off. I was then able to delete it and proceed with the install. So please make some improvements to the installer for those of us that want to specify a different install path. Thanks

Hello...

New version, same issues. Another person in another SAS forum told me that I had to have SASCore64.exe running in the background in order for SAS to scan properly. If it is running as a service then it cannot be deleted so you must go shut it off and then you can delete it and not get errors when trying to install the newer version.