Blues

Very Slow Updating

I've noticed that the last day or two that the updates have been very, very slow. It's taking several minutes instead of just the minute or so it used to take up until recently.

I'm on an XP Pro SP3 setup.

SAS 4.40.1002

Core 5242 Trace 3054

I've never had issues with SAS previously I've run SAS Pro for a good while now.

Any thoughts on this are appreciated.

Just a quick update since I just this minute downloaded 4.41.1000

So I guess I'll have to wait and see if that alleviates the issue. Unfortunately I'll be away from this machine for a few days and so may not have the opportunity to provide further info (if requested).

Just a quick update since I just this minute downloaded 4.41.1000

So I guess I'll have to wait and see if that alleviates the issue. Unfortunately I'll be away from this machine for a few days and so may not have the opportunity to provide further info (if requested).

Hi Blues.

I read your post then updated the definition files on my XP system. It's still running 4.40, but the update took about three minutes, instead of the one minute or less that it usually takes. I've since installed 4.41 and will also test the update tomorrow.

Anyway, I'm sure SAS will see this thread and look into it.

Thanks for your reply, Seth.

After I rebooted (just to see if it would make a difference) there was another update that I manually downloaded.

This was faster than the last few days. I didn't time it but it was noticeably better.

So, I can't say if it was the reboot or the version update. (And all I really care about is having everything running smoothly.)

Currently running: 4.41.1000, Core 5243, Trace 3055