siliconman01

Pre-Release SAS V4.41.1000 Available

SAS Pre-Release V4.41.1000 is available at

Pre-Release

Uninstall the previous version of SAS prior to installing this pre-release version.

I have SAS PRO V4.41.1000 installed on Windows 7 x64 Professional and Windows 7 x86 Professional. The installation went fine, a Complete Scan of both systems completed with no problems, and thus far, no negative issues have been observed with this pre-release.

I am currently running the 4.40.1002 version and since installing on my new machine having problems with scanning in normal mode.

Tried going to download 4.41.1000 using the link hoping this would sort out my problem.

Sorry, really thick, but where do I find it as I seem to be able to find only the version I am already using.

Thanks very much.

I am currently running the 4.40.1002 version and since installing on my new machine having problems with scanning in normal mode.

Tried going to download 4.41.1000 using the link hoping this would sort out my problem.

Sorry, really thick, but where do I find it as I seem to be able to find only the version I am already using.

Thanks very much.

Fixed the link in the first post. Should now open the Pre-Release download page.

Thank you so much.

That has all worked and I have successfully uninstalled v4.40.1002 and installed SAS PRO V4.41.1000.

I am no longer "bombing out" on the "virus trigger 2.1.ink thing" when scanning in normal mode.

May I take advantage of your kindness and ask your opinion ...

Having installed this version and performing a full scan in normal mode no items were detected.

This concerns me slightly as

- I feel surely some spyware or such like (not necessarily real nasties) should be detected?

- I don't know what happened to the "Virus trigger 2.1.ink thing" that the v4.40 was bombing out on.

I use

- windows 7

- McAfee Total Protection and SpywareBlaster as well as SAS pro.

Am I just being neurotic?

Thank you for you time.

Much appreciated.

Thank you so much.

That has all worked and I have successfully uninstalled v4.40.1002 and installed SAS PRO V4.41.1000.

I am no longer "bombing out" on the "virus trigger 2.1.ink thing" when scanning in normal mode.

May I take advantage of your kindness and ask your opinion ...

Having installed this version and performing a full scan in normal mode no items were detected.

This concerns me slightly as

- I feel surely some spyware or such like (not necessarily real nasties) should be detected?

- I don't know what happened to the "Virus trigger 2.1.ink thing" that the v4.40 was bombing out on.

I use

- windows 7

- McAfee Total Protection and SpywareBlaster as well as SAS pro.

Am I just being neurotic?

Thank you for you time.

Much appreciated.

I'm beginning to think that the Virustrigger 2.1.lnk detection was a unique SAS bug that showed up because of a specific hardware or software configuration that you and others have. From what I have seen on this forum, no user has been able to find the actual file being detected a Virustrigger 2.1.lnk. Plus several other malicious files should have been detected if the Virustrigger 2.1 nasty was actually present....and no others were being detected.

You could run an online scan by BitDefender to cross check McAfee and SAS. Be sure to temporarily disable McAfee AntiVirus scanner before performing the scan. DO NOT disable your software firewall...just the antivirus scanner. Use Internet Explorer to access the website and let it download any ActiveX files that it needs for the online scan. If BitDefender finds nothing, I would say you are clean.

Bitdefender Online Scanner

I'm assuming that your Complete Scan using pre-release SAS V4.41.1000 found no infections, eh?

Correct: the "Complete Scan using pre-release SAS V4.41.1000 found no infections"

I ran scans again today - in normal mode and safe mode and no infections were found.

Unfortunately I was not successful in running the BitDefender on line scanner.

However, between the 3 "protections" I am using I am going to have to trust them and get on with some work.

Thanks so much for all your help.

Much appreciated.

I don't think my automatic update is working as it did in the previous version.

This is not a great problem as I update manually during the day.

Just wondering if it doesn't because it is a pre-release or ...?

Thank you.

I don't think my automatic update is working as it did in the previous version.

This is not a great problem as I update manually during the day.

Just wondering if it doesn't because it is a pre-release or ...?

Thank you.

Even the pre-release should update as per the parameters you have set in Preferences>Update tab.

Even the pre-release should update as per the parameters you have set in Preferences>Update tab.

Okay. Thank you very much. Will look into it.

Guest rosetta stone

May I take advantage of your kindness and ask your opinion :blink:

rosetta stone :unsure:

May I take advantage of your kindness and ask your opinion :blink:

rosetta stone :unsure:

We tracked down a rare problem on 64-bit that may have caused that and it appears it resolved it for your system :)

Guest rosetta stone

Thank you so much.

:rolleyes:

Rosetta stone learning software worthy of trust, the effect is very obvious, guarantee our product, progress quickly rosetta stone

I am getting frustrated with Virus Trigger 2.1.ink as I have been working hours trying to remove this thing. I am using SAS PRO V4.41.1000 and performed the uninstall procedure of the previous version. Its located in folder C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch. I went as far as deleting the Quick Launch folder but Superantispyware still hangs up on it when doing a scan and hangs at the same location. I can't see how this is possible. I even went as far as creating a new user account and it showed up again under the new user name. I'm using a new ASUS laptop and Virus Trigger 2.1.ink showed up on my first scan and after very little laptop activity. I have also tried Malwarebytes and Spybot S&D which were not able to find this file. The file does not exist!!! I have hidden files turned on and amazingly after deleting Quick Launch folder and then checking properties in the Microsoft folder it shows 0 files and 0 files. I even performed a "custom scan" and did not include the AppData folder and still it hangs in the same location shown above.

Upon receipt of the laptop the first thing I did was a clean install of Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit. I wonder if Virus Trigger was there from the beginning as one of the numerous bloatware that ASUS installs.

Any suggestions on removing Virus Trigger 2.1.ink? I just want to perform a scan without SAS hanging on it. How about a fix?

Thanks, Kevin

I am getting frustrated with Virus Trigger 2.1.ink as I have been working hours trying to remove this thing. I am using SAS PRO V4.41.1000 and performed the uninstall procedure of the previous version. Its located in folder C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch. I went as far as deleting the Quick Launch folder but Superantispyware still hangs up on it when doing a scan and hangs at the same location. I can't see how this is possible. I even went as far as creating a new user account and it showed up again under the new user name. I'm using a new ASUS laptop and Virus Trigger 2.1.ink showed up on my first scan and after very little laptop activity. I have also tried Malwarebytes and Spybot S&D which were not able to find this file. The file does not exist!!! I have hidden files turned on and amazingly after deleting Quick Launch folder and then checking properties in the Microsoft folder it shows 0 files and 0 files. I even performed a "custom scan" and did not include the AppData folder and still it hangs in the same location shown above.

Upon receipt of the laptop the first thing I did was a clean install of Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit. I wonder if Virus Trigger was there from the beginning as one of the numerous bloatware that ASUS installs.

Any suggestions on removing Virus Trigger 2.1.ink? I just want to perform a scan without SAS hanging on it. How about a fix?

Thanks, Kevin

- Under Preferences>Scanning Control, uncheck:

Use Kernel Direct File Access

Use Kernel Direct Registry Access

Use Direct Disk Access

- Close down SAS and restart SAS

- Perform a Complete Scan and see if the problem still appears.

- Submit a Customer Support Request at https://www.superantispyware.com/precreateticket.html

I have had this problem previously on a brand new machine running windows 7 professional.

When scanning in safe mode nothing was picked up.

I uninstalled and then installed 4.41.1000.

Worked fine for a while and then immediately after an update the same problem started occurring.

I use McAfee Total Protection: this picked nothing up either in normal or safe mode.

I have also run a test with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware: picked up nothing in either safe or normal mode.

I have just updated SAS and run a test in safe mode - still picked nothing up.

My previous machine is on the same network and I am constantly moving items between the two machines.

My previous machine is Vista. It is not having this problem.

Do you think it is something to do with Windows 7?

(I have not been using SAS recently ... ooops ... as I just haven't the time to keep uninstalling and re-installing)

I have had this problem previously on a brand new machine running windows 7 professional.

When scanning in safe mode nothing was picked up.

I uninstalled and then installed 4.41.1000.

Worked fine for a while and then immediately after an update the same problem started occurring.

I use McAfee Total Protection: this picked nothing up either in normal or safe mode.

I have also run a test with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware: picked up nothing in either safe or normal mode.

I have just updated SAS and run a test in safe mode - still picked nothing up.

My previous machine is on the same network and I am constantly moving items between the two machines.

My previous machine is Vista. It is not having this problem.

Do you think it is something to do with Windows 7?

(I have not been using SAS recently ... ooops ... as I just haven't the time to keep uninstalling and re-installing)

It is running fine on both of Windows 7 x86 and x64 Professional computers with Norton Internet Security 2011 on x86 and Avira Premium Security Suite V10 on x64 (UAC turned off, all hardware drivers up-to-date, only administrator account).

I am having this "VirusTrigger2.1.lnk" issue as detailed above as well (on win 7, 64-bit using SAS 4.41.1000 with core 5363, trace 3175). Problem has not been fixed by latest built -- at least on my laptop -- and an uninstall/clean install fixes it UNTIL I update the definitions using the button in the program's control center. I can run a scan as many times as I want with no issue but once I do that update the next scan locks up on the non-existent file (can not be located in folder, even suing administrator account with all files visible, nor does any such entry appear in a search of the registry keys, values and data.

After playing with this for several hours, it seems to me ethe issue is with the control center's updating function.

I am having this "VirusTrigger2.1.lnk" issue as detailed above as well (on win 7, 64-bit using SAS 4.41.1000 with core 5363, trace 3175). Problem has not been fixed by latest built -- at least on my laptop -- and an uninstall/clean install fixes it UNTIL I update the definitions using the button in the program's control center. I can run a scan as many times as I want with no issue but once I do that update the next scan locks up on the non-existent file (can not be located in folder, even suing administrator account with all files visible, nor does any such entry appear in a search of the registry keys, values and data.

After playing with this for several hours, it seems to me ethe issue is with the control center's updating function.

This very same thing is happening to me. I uninstalled SAS pro and reinstalled and did no definitions update. Immediately ran a scan with no problem. It asked for a reboot and upon the reboot SAS pro automatically updated to the current definitions. Ran the scan again and this time it hung on VirusTrigger2.1.lnk.

How was it that my definitions updated when I do not have them checked to update? I can limp my SAS pro along until a fix arrives but once the first definitions update occurs I am done. :(

IMPORTANT UPDATE

Problem: SAS pro hangs (and shuts down SAS) on VirusTrigger 2.1.INK

Follow this procedure for a work around.

Close SAS pro

Click Start>All Programs>SuperAntiSpyware>SUPERAntiSpyware Alternate Start

This will prompt you to RUNSAS.EXE

SAS Pro starts normally and appears normal.

Now perform your scan.

If you do not have RUNSAS.EXE you can locate it here.

https://www.superantispyware.com/supportfaqdisplay.html?faq=71

I have scanned as Quick Scan and Complete Scan and neither hung on VirusTrigger 2.1.INK

I was not able to update the definitions but you can do this with your startup SAS pro.

The scans that I performed had current definitions installed.

EDITED: SAS CSR contacted me to say that they are working on a permanent fix.

WELL,Here it is almost 5 YEARS later and I still show this sucker on every scan.However I don't crash...SAS freezes on this for a few seconds while the other items keep scanning! I want to know why in the hell this keeps showing up on ever scan except a critical point!??? Yet I can never find the supposed "file" hidden or not!

I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium and this sucker isn't even supposed to use the quick launch as was previously stated in this very thread!!!

No I didn't use the auto updater I have to manually update definitions as I use the free version of SAS.But Now every time I go to update My definitions I get a pop up stating Update to a new version on ever one yet when I go to do so I show everything is up to date before OR after getting said definitions updated!!!