lance

System.BrokenFileAssociation

I have read in this forum that this detection is a false positive and shouldn't be being detected any more.

I have the latest build of SAS and updated def's and it is still showing up in the scan.

SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log

https://www.superantispyware.com

Generated 07/18/2010 at 12:44 PM

Application Version : 4.40.1002

Core Rules Database Version : 5223

Trace Rules Database Version: 3035

Scan type : Complete Scan

Total Scan Time : 00:13:50

Memory items scanned : 529

Memory threats detected : 0

Registry items scanned : 9403

Registry threats detected : 1

File items scanned : 25399

File threats detected : 0

System.BrokenFileAssociation

HKCR\.exe

Win 7 premium (fresh install).

PS I submitted this through the report false positive link after the scan completed but didn't hear back and it is still showing up in the scans.

I should have read back further in regards to this "issue". It appears to have been around for while, and obviously still is. Why no fix? What's going on?

OK I give up. Two days and not even a reply. I participate in one and work on another Internet Security forum, and find this forum poor to say the least.

I'm just going to put the 'detection' on the ignore list and not worry about it.

Thanks!

Hi Lance.

Like any forum, sometimes a post just gets missed. Anyway, to the best of my knowledge that particular error was addressed, so I don't know why you're receiving it now. If you're satisfied with just having SAS ignore it, then great. If not, let me know and I'll provide suggestions.

I too am getting this systembrokenfileassociation as of 9-14-2010. i keep quarenting it. it keeps coming back. i have read here its a false positive? i have the latest update for my spyware detection software... how long has this been going on exactly? doesnt really inspire me to buy the pro edition to be honest.

Hi Lance.

Like any forum, sometimes a post just gets missed. Anyway, to the best of my knowledge that particular error was addressed, so I don't know why you're receiving it now. If you're satisfied with just having SAS ignore it, then great. If not, let me know and I'll provide suggestions.

I've notified the mods and admin several times about this thread and it is ignored or put in the too hard basket. I know how to ignore and get rid of the detection.

I think it's pretty poor that this thread is continuing with no input form the admin or even mods re what they're doing about this bug, anyway I'm not going to bother posting in this thread again.

Thanks for your input Seth.

I've notified the mods and admin several times about this thread and it is ignored or put in the too hard basket. I know how to ignore and get rid of the detection.

I think it's pretty poor that this thread is continuing with no input form the admin or even mods re what they're doing about this bug, anyway I'm not going to bother posting in this thread again.

Thanks for your input Seth.

You're welcome.

I wish I could help you further, but my hands are tied with the issue.

You're welcome.

I wish I could help you further, but my hands are tied with the issue.

It's ok it's a fairly weak forum, little or no respect from admin or mods and this is a good example. Thanks Seth for your time.

I have the same system.BrokenFileAssocaition everytime I run a scan. I brought the professional program thinking I would get help, but it appears many people are having same problem. I guess a waste of money..should have stuck with the free program.

It's ok it's a fairly weak forum, little or no respect from admin or mods and this is a good example. Thanks Seth for your time.

Lance - you never notified me of anything - we are here to help, but won't tolerate constant bashing. I didn't see this thread - it happens - I notice you are running an old version of the product, have you updated to version 4.43.1000? Have you done a complete unintall and re-instal to ensure all the new components are being used? If you are still having the problem submit a CSR here:

https://www.superantispyware.com/csr

We can run a custom diagnostic to see why on your machine this is being detected. Do you want to export that registry key so we can see what's there?

Lance - you never notified me of anything - we are here to help, but won't tolerate constant bashing. I didn't see this thread - it happens - I notice you are running an old version of the product, have you updated to version 4.43.1000? Have you done a complete unintall and re-instal to ensure all the new components are being used? If you are still having the problem submit a CSR here:

https://www.superantispyware.com/csr

We can run a custom diagnostic to see why on your machine this is being detected. Do you want to export that registry key so we can see what's there?

1. As it happens I hit the 'report button' on my posts in this thread to notify the mods and admin of the issues but got no response.

2. I did the complete uninstall and reinstall, and I also exported the registry keys and posted here as an attachment in a previous thread (AS REQUESTED) and got no answer.

Anyway I'll go back tomorrow and find all the relevant documents and re-submit them all again.

Thanks

EDIT: Please refer to THIS thread, and my earlier reply to your requests there. Thanks.