Sign in to follow this  
glassman

new user: confused

Hi. I contracted antimalwaredoctor virus a few weeks ago. I had malwarebytes installed at the time, as well as a few other things, but somehow it got through. Tried to get rid of it with malwarebytes, it basically took the program over and was telling me to delete malwarebytes, that it was spyware. I've kept it shut down for the past 3 weeks while I tried to figure out how to deal with it, but I think I'm going blind using this 10" netbook:-)

I got help at the malwarebytes forum, but the process they gave me was so complicated that I couldn't figure out how to do it.

So now it seems as if a number of people have been successful with sas, so I thought I'd give it a try.

I installed it on my other computer (a netbook), with the intention of putting it on a usb drive and trying to introduce it to the infected computer that way.I did a quick scan on my other computer (NETBOOK), then logged off. When I went back live, I had 26 icons on my desktop for sas! I expected one? Did I do something wrong putting it on the desktop? I guess I can put them all together somewhere, I was just surprised to see this.

Secondly, exactly how do I introduce it to my infected computer? Do I just copy and paste the icon from my desktop on the netbook to the drive, put the usb drive in the infected computer and copy and paste it from the drive to the desktop, then double click on it and let it do its thing?? Will that work? I guess the icon that says 'superantis...free edition' is the only one I would copy? I want to be sure I do it right the first time, this virus doesn't seem to give you a second chance! Please be specific and keep it simple, I'm a tech idiot.

Any help greatly appreciated.