Rainsberger

Registry Problem

Hi Guys

Firstly hello to everyone on this forum this is my first post and i'm glad to be part of it.

Everytime i do a scan using Super antispyware a get 2 registry threats detected, and they read

Disabled.securitycentreoption.

Having them each time removed they keep coming back after next scan.

Can anyone tell me what they mean and ways of them not showing up in future scans. thanks

Hi Guys

Firstly hello to everyone on this forum this is my first post and i'm glad to be part of it.

Everytime i do a scan using Super antispyware a get 2 registry threats detected, and they read

Disabled.securitycentreoption.

Having them each time removed they keep coming back after next scan.

Can anyone tell me what they mean and ways of them not showing up in future scans. thanks

Welcome to the SAS forum Rainsberger.

SAS is detecting that your Security Center is disabled. Can you please confirm that it's actually disabled?

If you have deliberately disabled the Security Center, just highlight the entry(s) when the scan completes and click on the option to trust/allow.

Also, right click on the SAS beetle icon and choose "Check For Updates". Let me know if the issue remains after following the previous instructions.

Welcome to the SAS forum Rainsberger.

SAS is detecting that your Security Center is disabled. Can you please confirm that it's actually disabled?

If you have deliberately disabled the Security Center, just highlight the entry(s) when the scan completes and click on the option to trust/allow.

Also, right click on the SAS beetle icon and choose "Check For Updates". Let me know if the issue remains after following the previous instructions.

Hi Seth.

Thank you for your reply to my post, firstly i am also running Mcafee Security Centre and have done so

for a few years now without problems.

I have gone into the Control Panel and windows Security and my windows firewall is Disabled and has been

for a very long time due to conflict with Macfee Security Centre.

I have now enabled the windows security firewall and will let you know, but my previous settings had been

ok in the past so i don't know why these errors have suddenly appeared.

I am running Windows XP. and again thanks for your reply.

Hi Seth.

Thank you for your reply to my post, firstly i am also running Mcafee Security Centre and have done so

for a few years now without problems.

I have gone into the Control Panel and windows Security and my windows firewall is Disabled and has been

for a very long time due to conflict with Macfee Security Centre.

I have now enabled the windows security firewall and will let you know, but my previous settings had been

ok in the past so i don't know why these errors have suddenly appeared.

I am running Windows XP. and again thanks for your reply.

Does your McAfee security have a firewall? If so, I suggest using it and disabling the Windows firewall.

I should have clarified "Disabled Security", as it could be the Security Center is completely disabled, or one or more of its options are disabled.

Does your McAfee security have a firewall? If so, I suggest using it and disabling the Windows firewall.

I should have clarified "Disabled Security", as it could be the Security Center is completely disabled, or one or more of its options are disabled.

Hi Seth

Yes, Mcafee Security Centre does have firewall and it say's only use one firewall because 2 or

more can cause conflict between each other and that is why i disabled the windows firewall.

But doing my latest Super-antispyware scan the 2 registry errors no longer show up and i'm

at the moment having no trouble running the two firewalls.

So many thanks to you for your help.

I dug through the forums and saw a few posts about this, but nothing specific to the behavior I'm experiencing:

I'm running WinXP SP3 with all current windows updates, and SuperAntiSpyware Program Version 4.41.1000; Definitions Core:5315, Trace:3127. I am also running current and updated McAfee "Total Protection" which includes the firewall.

I also recently received the "Disabled.SecurityCenterOption" threats displayed after a full scan. It cited both the Antivirus and Firewall Security Center notifier registry entries.

I immediately came here and saw some threads, including this one. I went back and checked my Security Center, and the Firewall and Antivirus were turned on (including Windows Firewall). Automatic updates were set to automatically download, but to check with me before installing them. I changed that setting to be fully automated, restarted my system, reran the SuperAntiSpyware scan, and unlike the other posts I've read here, had the exact same threats result.

I am now concerned that something very stealthy could be messing with my system.

Aside from the persistent SuperAntiSpyware scan result for the 2 threats concerning "Disabled.SecurityCenterOption", everything on my system seems to be okay, and Mcafee detects no problems after a full scan. This of course does not mean everything is okay.......

Any suggestions how to proceed? I have not yet asked SpuerAntiSpyware to do anything at all with the "threats", out of concern that the "Disabled.SecurityCenterOption" may possibly be a required Mcafee setting???

Regards.

i suppose that mcafee disabled the "windows security center" settings because it has its own "security center" instead..

i wouldn't worry about the windows security center's settings being disabled.. i would add the detections to SAS's "always allow" so that the detections will be ignored when running scans in the future..

if you are using mcafee's firewall, i would disable the "windows firewall".. it is not good to run two firewalls, together, at the same time..

you could check with mcafee's "support", or in the mcafee support forums, to verify that the mcafee program disables the "windows security center" settings..