roddy32

Hello

I've been trying to join on and off for a while but kept getting errors. I had not tried in a month or so, so I tried again now and was successful. I see a lot of famliar names here. :)

I've been trying to join on and off for a while but kept getting errors. I had not tried in a month or so, so I tried again now and was successful. I see a lot of famliar names here. :)

Welcome to the SUPERAntiSpyware forums!

Roddy, you are all over the place, loll. Of course, if I see you all over the place, what does that say for me?? :wink:

Paul

This is getting to be a reunion type scenario, :lol: BTW Roddy, you are the mod on Cnet, I thought so. You know, I thought I had a lot of posts there, thousand something but you, like, 40,000??? :shock: Wow. Bob I could see, while he knows his stuff, his posts are usually 3 words or less, lol.

Paul

LOL I hadn't checked my profile in a while there so I just looked. I'm at 26,314 at the moment. I have been a Mod there about 2 1/2 years if I remember correctly. BobP is at 75,216. :shock:

LOL I hadn't checked my profile in a while there so I just looked. I'm at 26,314 at the moment. I have been a Mod there about 2 1/2 years if I remember correctly. BobP is at 75,216. :shock:

Well, ok, I was being a bit sarcastic, you only have 26,314 :shock: My mistake :P So you joined around the same time as I did then. Bob is at 75,216?? :shock::shock:

Paul

Bob never stops. If they ever have a Super Mod award for the internet, I think Bob would get it. He's definately got his own style. LOL

Hi Windsor, how are you doing? I haven't talked to you in a while.

I'm doing good. Still fighting the good fight. A little malware hunting here, a few HJT logs there...same old routine.

Windsor

Bob never stops. If they ever have a Super Mod award for the internet, I think Bob would get it. He's definately got his own style. LOL

Yeah, he does. I have thrown in a couple of harrassments at him just to see if RobotRobert would respond but to no avail. I got in a debate with him once, and was actually thrilled to see some humanity there, lol. As I stated, he knows his stuff, he's definately top notch tech, but if you compressed his answers into actual sentences, he may have less posts than me, lolll.

Postee: Hi, I need help, my PC won't boot, I press the button and nothing. It just quit on me. ...

Bob: My PS works.

loll. Of course I am only poking fun and have nothing against him, I don't think I know half of what he does. I think he simply turned into a machine himself is all... :shock:

Paul

Hi Windsor, how are you doing? I haven't talked to you in a while.

I'm doing good. Still fighting the good fight. A little malware hunting here, a few HJT logs there...same old routine.

Windsor

Yep, I see you around a lot, just haven't talked. Keep up the good work.

Yeah, he does. I have thrown in a couple of harrassments at him just to see if RobotRobert would respond but to no avail. I got in a debate with him once, and was actually thrilled to see some humanity there, lol. As I stated, he knows his stuff, he's definately top notch tech, but if you compressed his answers into actual sentences, he may have less posts than me, lolll.

Postee: Hi, I need help, my PC won't boot, I press the button and nothing. It just quit on me. ...

loll. Of course I am only poking fun and have nothing against him, I don't think I know half of what he does. I think he simply turned into a machine himself is all... :shock:

Paul

Bob likes to take the members fishing. as you know,. He doesn't give direct answers, he makes them work for it but he sure has a lot of knowledge stored away.

Paul

Bob likes to take the members fishing. as you know,. He doesn't give direct answers, he makes them work for it but he sure has a lot of knowledge stored away.

Yep, you hit that right on the head. I noticed he likes to get the brain working, the problem is, many who are having trouble are panicked and angry and won't think anyway, which is one reason I quit posting helps back, among other reasons. Maybe he has a good method after all, lol. Short, to the point, ignores the trash in between.

Paul

CNET can be a real pain because you could be in the middle of helping somebody and someone else jumps in with either a totally wrong answer or they hijack the thread with their own question. The Mods don't have edit power there and also can't move posts. In a forum such as this one here or CoU or most others, a Mod can split the topic and make a new thread for the person that hijacked the original. Oh well, it keeps it interesting for sure. LOL

CNET can be a real pain because you could be in the middle of helping somebody and someone else jumps in with either a totally wrong answer or they hijack the thread with their own question. The Mods don't have edit power there and also can't move posts. In a forum such as this one here or CoU or most others, a Mod can split the topic and make a new thread for the person that hijacked the original. Oh well, it keeps it interesting for sure. LOL

Once again Roddy, you hit it right on. I got tired of that myself. I would post an answer and someone with some dumb answer would come on there and then the postee would believe them, then wonder why their pc still isn't working, lol. OR I would spend 90% of the time proving what I posted rather than getting something done.

I won the weekly answer like 6 times or so, and you really got hounded there, however, when you finally stick up for yourself after 30 people making ignorant comments, then someone would jump in and tell YOU to quit,lol. So yeah, I don't care for it any more, when I quit the first time, a couple of mods stuck up for me as I think it was ED something was giving me grief and I finally told him where to put it as well as some smart mouth user who thought they had the right to close the topic, lol. I simply had enough. I volunteered two years there helping others and no one would even tell the guy to quit being ignorant to others. I think it was John who stuck up for me and someone else.

Anyway, no big deal of course, it's my choice to be there or not so I simply choose not.

Cheers,

Paul