Sign in to follow this  
GoofyMike

Trojan Problems

Hey Guys, last night i got a number of trojans when i scanned.

Malware.Trace

Trojan.Agent/Gen-FakeAlert

Trojan.Agent/Gen-FakeAlert[Mares]

I have scanned multiple times and the seem to not be on my computer anymore but whenever i start up my computer is gives me a RunDLL error message.

Error loading C:\Users\Mike\AppData\Local\KBDlener.dll

The Specified module could not be found.

Anyone know what this is? I hope i gave you enough information. Thanks.

Welcome to the SAS forum Mike.

For XP, click on your Start button on the bottom left, click "Run", type in msconfig and press Enter. For Vista or Windows 7, instead of clicking on run, type msconfig into the search box and press enter.

From the msconfig window that appears, click on the Start Up tab, and you should see that file in the list that appears. Uncheck that file, click Apply, and you should be good to go :)

Welcome to the SAS forum Mike.

For XP, click on your Start button on the bottom left, click "Run", type in msconfig and press Enter. For Vista or Windows 7, instead of clicking on run, type msconfig into the search box and press enter.

From the msconfig window that appears, click on the Start Up tab, and you should see that file in the list that appears. Uncheck that file, click Apply, and you should be good to go :)

Ahh yes that cleared it right up, thank you. Just wondering, should i try and get rid of that file or is it fine to leave it there cause its not even doing anything anymore.

Ahh yes that cleared it right up, thank you. Just wondering, should i try and get rid of that file or is it fine to leave it there cause its not even doing anything anymore.

Leave it there as it won't cause any further issue.

Don't try and fix what isn't broke.