Sign in to follow this  
topopurim

portable scanner

instructions for portable scanner are vague. 2. download scanner-click save(where do i save too)? 3. wait for scanner to download(it shows downloading to a temp folder(where would i find this temp folder?) also shows close dialog box unchecked-does this have to be unchecked for download to work? when i insert cd into infected machine, will it start automatically? thanks for your help.

Hi Topopurim.

2. download scanner-click save(where do i save too)?

Internet Explorer will give you the option of where you want to save it to. For example, you can choose to save it to the desktop then paste it to a usb drive, or save it directly to a usb drive.

3. wait for scanner to download(it shows downloading to a temp folder(where would i find this temp folder?

I don't know, but it sounds like you're choosing to save it to a temp folder, instead of one of the options in my answer for #2

also shows close dialog box unchecked-does this have to be unchecked for download to work?

That's an Internet Explorer dialog box. It doesn't matter if it's checked or not.

when i insert cd into infected machine, will it start automatically?

No.

Hi Topopurim.

seth, thanks for reply. my questions were about instructions and illustractions from protable scanner download link.

Internet Explorer will give you the option of where you want to save it to. For example, you can choose to save it to the desktop then paste it to a usb drive, or save it directly to a usb drive. can i save directly to cd?

I don't know, but it sounds like you're choosing to save it to a temp folder, instead of one of the options in my answer for #2 image on dl link page

That's an Internet Explorer dialog box It doesn't matter if it's checked or not. image on dl link page

No. i assume an icon will be placed on desktop after cd is inserted. thanks for your help

The temp folder you see is for demonstration purposes. That will change depending on where you choose to save the file.

If you choose to save it to a cd, then when the download completes, you'll see a Windows message that "you have files waiting to be written...". Click on that message to burn the file. Note that the portable version does not update after it's run. Therefore, you should download a new copy every time you need to use it. It's easier just to download it to a USB thumb drive.

The temp folder you see is for demonstration purposes. That will change depending on where you choose to save the file.

If you choose to save it to a cd, then when the download completes, you'll see a Windows message that "you have files waiting to be written...". Click on that message to burn the file. Note that the portable version does not update after it's run. Therefore, you should download a new copy every time you need to use it. It's easier just to download it to a USB thumb drive.

seth, thanks for your help. i saved to usb and removed the infection

seth, thanks for your help. i saved to usb and removed the infection

You're welcome.

Thank you for the update.