maffy

SAS keeps wanting to scan removable drive

I've just downloaded and ran the freeware version of SAS. What's puzzling me is that although I've been careful to only choose to scan my hard drive, it keeps stopping with a message saying that my D:\ drive is emtpy and to put a disc in it.

I stopped the scan, started again making sure that only C: was ticked, but the same thing happened again. As it's the first time I've used this, I chose a full scan - I don't want to have to sit for however long it takes just to keep clicking 'cancel' on this message to make the scan continue. If this has been mentioned elsewhere in the forum please point it out to me, I did look through but couldn't spot any other threads about this problem.

When I downloaded the program, the first thing I did was update so I'm not running an old version. Any advice or suggestions would be welcome please.

I've also received two of these notifications this week, been using SAS for years now and never had it before.

WinXP Pro SP3

2g ram

SAS Pro 4.40.1002

Avast 5

Malwarebytes 1.46

I've also received two of these notifications this week, been using SAS for years now and never had it before.

WinXP Pro SP3

2g ram

SAS Pro 4.40.1002

Avast 5

Malwarebytes 1.46

Hi Kidd.

Did you follow the instructions from post 2?

Hi Kidd.

Did you follow the instructions from post 2?

Hi Seth, I've just installed SAS 4.41.1000 so I'll keep an eye on it. 8)