Sign in to follow this  
voltron

heplanet.com and updates9.superantispyware.com question

Hi;

I was reviewing my Attack Detection results from Outpost Firewall Pro and I saw an IP address 74.55.215.156 when checked via www.domaintools.com and http://www.ip-adress.com yielded updates9.superantispyware.com. I googled ThePlanet.com Internet Services Inc. 70.87.6.117-70.87.6.117 it to was also blocked by Outpost. I checked the IP Blocklist and it's inlcuded(70.87.6.117-70.87.6.117#theplanet.com).

Now I trust Outpost Firewall(TruStealth_ShieldsUP) and the COU Blocklist it has kept me safe together with my security software combi for a long time now. I haven't had any problems updating SASpy free.

I just like to hear your comments on this.

Thank you.

post-9162-127862948102_thumb.jpg

Hi;

I was reviewing my Attack Detection results from Outpost Firewall Pro and I saw an IP address 74.55.215.156 when checked via www.domaintools.com and http://www.ip-adress.com yielded updates9.superantispyware.com. I googled ThePlanet.com Internet Services Inc. 70.87.6.117-70.87.6.117 it to was also blocked by Outpost. I checked the IP Blocklist and it's inlcuded(70.87.6.117-70.87.6.117#theplanet.com).

Now I trust Outpost Firewall(TruStealth_ShieldsUP) and the COU Blocklist it has kept me safe together with my security software combi for a long time now. I haven't had any problems updating SASpy free.

I just like to hear your comments on this.

Thank you.

The Planet.com Houston, Texas server is one of SuperAntispyware's update servers. If Outpost is blocking it, your update attempts will fail randomly depending on which SAS server you cycle to. This could be what is causing your problem at your thread below.

https://forums.superantispyware.com/index.php?/topic/3932-5143-or-5170/

Hi;

Just want to add an update on this issue of the core/trace definitions not downloading right AND theplanet.com updates9.superantispyware.com(both are intertwined).

Have tried to exclude IP address 70.87.6.117. but did not do it for me..still wrong combination of trace/core with the core always behind. As you are using random servers excluding a specific IP address is impossible in OP and for any firewall for that matter. Tried to exclude updates9.superantispyware.com so OP will exclude all that uses it but still got a hit-and-miss on the core definitions. Even using the updated MVPS hosts file was not a fix.

I contacted the source for the IP Blocklist and helped me with it. I am now using the new version of the IP Blocklist. And has been able to update on the correct core/trace definitions. Had some "incorrect core definitions" instances but when I repeated the update it was corrected always on the second try. :D Great! :D

ThePlanet.com has been known to host malicious sites and I can help but wonder and HOPE that it is a "fact" for concern since SASpy is in the first place on the forefront of fighting malware/spyware. :unsure:

http://blog.stopbadware.org/tag/theplanet

http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/theplanet.com

I use an IP Blocklist and the MVPS host file to have added security online. If ThePlanet.com is delisted in the blocklist then I am at risk if for some instance my AV or other security app fail on me....right? :?:

I trust SASpy and has been an avid user of it. I do also trust my IP Blocklist provider and my firewall. Have tried quite a few firewalls in the past and I have learned to trust both which uses my IP Blocklist provider. Kept me safe always. (tested with ShieldsUP/Hackerwhacker/HackerWatch/Symantec SecurityScan) :wink:

I hope the cause for my concern will be minimal as not to be insecure.... :-(

Some comments on this would be assuring. :rolleyes:

Thanks very much! :-)

Hi;

Just want to add an update on this issue of the core/trace definitions not downloading right AND theplanet.com updates9.superantispyware.com(both are intertwined).

Have tried to exclude IP address 70.87.6.117. but did not do it for me..still wrong combination of trace/core with the core always behind. As you are using random servers excluding a specific IP address is impossible in OP and for any firewall for that matter. Tried to exclude updates9.superantispyware.com so OP will exclude all that uses it but still got a hit-and-miss on the core definitions. Even using the updated MVPS hosts file was not a fix.

I contacted the source for the IP Blocklist and helped me with it. I am now using the new version of the IP Blocklist. And has been able to update on the correct core/trace definitions. Had some "incorrect core definitions" instances but when I repeated the update it was corrected always on the second try. :D Great! :D

ThePlanet.com has been known to host malicious sites and I can help but wonder and HOPE that it is a "fact" for concern since SASpy is in the first place on the forefront of fighting malware/spyware. :unsure:

http://blog.stopbadware.org/tag/theplanet

http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/theplanet.com

I use an IP Blocklist and the MVPS host file to have added security online. If ThePlanet.com is delisted in the blocklist then I am at risk if for some instance my AV or other security app fail on me....right? :?:

I trust SASpy and has been an avid user of it. I do also trust my IP Blocklist provider and my firewall. Have tried quite a few firewalls in the past and I have learned to trust both which uses my IP Blocklist provider. Kept me safe always. (tested with ShieldsUP/Hackerwhacker/HackerWatch/Symantec SecurityScan) :wink:

I hope the cause for my concern will be minimal as not to be insecure.... :-(

Some comments on this would be assuring. :rolleyes:

Thanks very much! :-)

The Planet hosts hundresds of thousands of sites on tens of thousands of servers - what that means if that if you use ip range blocking blacklists there are bound to be ip's in there that are "good" and "bad ips" that are no longer bad but are recycled to "good" sites and servers such as ours. Every host in the nation has hosted a malicious site at one point - it's just part of the risk of owning a hosting service.

Hi;

Thanks for the reply and assurance.

As mentioned I trust SASpy and been a user for ore than 3 years now. I've encountered the issue of the core/trace definitions updates before but was not corrected back then I had to let it go and just went on even when it did showed it was a little behind. And still, SASpy was there to provide an augmentation to my layer-security. Just wanted to dig deeper this time I noticed it happened again.

Thanks and more power!