Sign in to follow this  
redwolfe_98

SAS 4.40.1002 Changelog

is there a changelog for SAS 4.40.1002?

i saw the notes for the pre-release version of SAS 4.40.1002..

is there a changelog for SAS 4.40.1002?

i saw the notes for the pre-release version of SAS 4.40.1002..

According to BetaNews>FileForum

http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/SUPERAntiSpyware-Free-Edition/1142662646/1

Latest Changes

- Resolved issue where handles were not freed under certain circumstances

- Improved resource handling

- Updated in-product updater preparing for major upcoming release 5.0

- Additional TDSS Detection/Removal

Of course, this raises another question .... "major upcoming release 5.0" ??

Should this automatically install or do we need to manually install (running professional w/lifetime on Win 7 x64)?

Should this automatically install or do we need to manually install (running professional w/lifetime on Win 7 x64)?

It should auto install :)

It should auto install :)

OK, I am going to do nothing and wait to see if it auto installs. How long should it take?

Thanks

I am still waiting. As of 7/7 it has not autoupdated. Should this have Autoupdated by now? I have it selected to check every 8 hours. Thanks. Again I am running pro with lifetime on Win 7 64 bit

I am still waiting. As of 7/7 it has not autoupdated. Should this have Autoupdated by now? I have it selected to check every 8 hours. Thanks. Again I am running pro with lifetime on Win 7 64 bit

You should submit a Customer Service Report and let the SAS gurus figure out why the 64-bit version is not auto updating. Other 64-bit users are having this problem too. I already had in the pre-release version so I cannot test it on my 64-bit system.

https://www.superantispyware.com/precreateticket.html

You should submit a Customer Service Report and let the SAS gurus figure out why the 64-bit version is not auto updating. Other 64-bit users are having this problem too. I already had in the pre-release version so I cannot test it on my 64-bit system.

https://www.superantispyware.com/precreateticket.html

Well, it would not autoupdate. I run Win 7 64bit in a limited user(note definition updates always work fine). Even when I switched users to Administrator and ran update, it did not work. However, when I returned to my limited account, exited SAS and selected Run as Administrator, everything was fine and it told me there was an update. I guess that since I did not log out of limited account before I switched to Admin account, that is the reason it did not work then.

Anyhow, SAS should auto update on a limited account the way that the definitions can update. Not sure why one is possible and other is not.

Well, it would not autoupdate. I run Win 7 64bit in a limited user(note definition updates always work fine). Even when I switched users to Administrator and ran update, it did not work. However, when I returned to my limited account, exited SAS and selected Run as Administrator, everything was fine and it told me there was an update. I guess that since I did not log out of limited account before I switched to Admin account, that is the reason it did not work then.

Anyhow, SAS should auto update on a limited account the way that the definitions can update. Not sure why one is possible and other is not.

I experienced the exact same thing as you, JohnD. Wondered why SAS wasn't offering me the program update. Then I saw your post. I exited SAS today and Ran as Administrator under my LUA to get the program update offered to me. Glad I read your post. Thanks.

Performing program updates under a limited user account would probably be contrary to the definition of a limited user account. From Microsoft:

Why use a standard user account instead of an administrator account?

The standard account can help protect your computer by preventing users from making changes that affect everyone who uses the computer, such as deleting files that are required for the computer to work. We recommend creating a standard account for each user.

When you are logged on to Windows with a standard account, you can do almost anything that you can do with an administrator account, but if you want to do something that affects other users of the computer, such as installing software or changing security settings, Windows might ask you to provide a password for an administrator account.

Why Use Standard User Account

Under an LUA, SAS should alert that a new program version is available and tell the LUA to sign on as an Administrator to update the program.

Under an LUA, SAS should alert that a new program version is available and tell the LUA to sign on as an Administrator to update the program.

But in my case, SAS Pro didn't alert there was a program update available. Ya see, I rarely use my Admin acct.....maybe once every week or so. And that's why I thought 4.40.1002 was still beta (until you informed me it was no longer beta in the other thread). I was anticipating it WOULD offer the update when it was out of beta status.

No problem....What counts is I got the update now. And with super efficient Win7 LUA's, I know I'm gonna have to Run as Admin to get my program updates. Still getting used to Win7. :wink: