Sign in to follow this  
december25

fake antivirus software

Hello:

Just finished over a 5 hour escapade getting my system back from a fake antivirus malware that crippled my system. I could not run any antivirus program (I have Norton completely updated), get into task manager, etc. Currently running free superantispyware--Could not load that either!

My Question: Will the prof. version stop this stuff before it loads (real time blocking)?

If no: Does anyone in here know a way to stop it in its tracks before it loads?

Hello:

Just finished over a 5 hour escapade getting my system back from a fake antivirus malware that crippled my system. I could not run any antivirus program (I have Norton completely updated), get into task manager, etc. Currently running free superantispyware--Could not load that either!

My Question: Will the prof. version stop this stuff before it loads (real time blocking)?

go to start run type msconfig click ok and go to start up and untick any thing that looks like a virus click ok restart your system

go to start run type msconfig click ok and go to start up and untick any thing that looks like a virus click ok restart your system

thx for your reply.

Honestly----I needed to do a full image restore to get my system back. The bug was extreme---it prevented safe mode, it prevented getting into task mahager or the run command--it locked all progrmas from running.

So I ask again---will this paid program catch these rogue antivirus programs BEFORE they load or not?

Or--can the program be run from a cd at boot and before windows loads?

thx again

thx for your reply.

Honestly----I needed to do a full image restore to get my system back. The bug was extreme---it prevented safe mode, it prevented getting into task mahager or the run command--it locked all progrmas from running.

So I ask again---will this paid program catch these rogue antivirus programs BEFORE they load or not?

Or--can the program be run from a cd at boot and before windows loads?

thx again

is your system all running again do you mean something like ubcd4win superantispywatre's on ubcd4win just download ubcd4win and boot it up yes it should catch some in realtime but if u have lots of viruses it will probably just crash

Hello:

SUPERAntiSpyware is updated many times daily and will most often block those before they install - there is no way to "guarantee" that since we receive tens of thousands of new threats each week. Also, we have our portable you can try in those dire situations:

https://www.superantispyware.com/portable