Sign in to follow this  
Boober

SAS freeze computer after hibernation

Hello, I need help here.

After I hibernate my computer and resume windows again. The computer freeze and it can only use old opened program before hibernation. When I launch new program, it can't run up, even I open my documents, my computer or other thing else. I can run task manager and kill SAS and its update process and my computer come back to normal. After that, I launch SAS again and program will not load. It will display splash screen and computer will be freeze again until I run task manager and kill it. If I restart my computer, it will hang on start up. When programs are starting, I can't run task manager.

I solve this problem by going into safe mode and reinstall SAS, which I have to waist a lot of time.

Anyone, have idea to make SAS can continue working after resuming window from hibernation????

Hi Boober.

Uninstall SAS and see if the issue persists.

You've also left out important info:

1) What version of Windows are you using, and is it 32 or 64 bit?

2) What other security products are running in real time?

3) Was SAS ever running successfully on the computer?

You might also want to try turning off all the automatic update options on Preferences>Updates tab and also the "Check for updates before scanning on startup" on Preferences>General tab. The SAS updates function may be locking up as your computer comes out of hibernation and is re-establishing your internet connectivity. Just a thought for trial. :wink: It doesn't solve the root cause of the problem, but may provide the cause of the lockup.

Thanks for help, When I encounter this problem I uninstall SAS and when I restart my computer, my computer freeze. Then, I enter safe mode to install it and my computer can work properly again(with SAS). I also disable first chance prevention.

I ran SAS with Malwarebytes-antimalware. And I'm going to install comodo firewall and BOclean. If this firewall can work with SAS, I will install free avira next.

I think if I can't fix this, I just won't hibernate.

Thanks again :D