Sign in to follow this  
redwolfe_98

Test Files

i need for SAS to flag test files so that i can verify that the program is functioning properly on my computer..

i recommend that SAS use the eicar.com test file and the "trojansimulator" files for test files.. however, i cannot use the eicar.com test file because i have "NTVDM" disabled on my computer, so the eicar.com test file will not run at all on my computer, so i can't use it for testing.. so, i need for SAS to properly handle the "trojansimulator" files, for testing..

right now, SAS flags one of the trojansimulator files, "trojansimulator.exe", but it does NOT prevent the file from running, even though SAS's guard flags the file.. i assume that this is not because SAS does not function properly, on my computer, but is because SAS does not currently have the proper malware-definitions for handling the "trojansimulator.exe" file..

if SAS ever arranges for SAS to flag test files, i need to know so that i can test SAS to see if it functions properly on my computer.. first i need to know that SAS will properly handle a test file, like the "trojansimulator" files.. then, if i see that SAS does not properly handle the files, i will know that SAS is not functioning properly on my computer..

regardless of what SAS thinks, i need for SAS to flag test files so that i can verify that SAS functions properly on my computer.. if SAS does not function properly, on my computer, i want to know about it..

there is no point in my running SAS on my computer if i can't verify that it is functioning properly and i need for SAS to flag test-files in order for me to be able to do that..

in the past, through using test files, i have found, at times, that "trojanhunter" was not functining properly, that "BOClean" was not functioning properly, and, most recently, that "prevx" was not functioning properly..

with "trojanhunter" and "BOClean", i was able to track down the problem, with help from kevin mcaleavey, of BOClean.. with prevx, i just know that it doesn't function properly (on my computer) when run together with the "antivir" antivirus program.. i want to know if the "antivir" antivirus program causes all antimalware programs, like SAS, for example, to not function properly.. that is why i want to be able to test SAS, to see if it will function properly when run together with the "antivir" antivirus program..

there is more to it than just seeing that the antimalware program is running.. in all these cases, the programs appeared to be running normally, they just didn't flag malware the way that they were suppose to..

Cool! Cool! Cool! SAS fixed things to where it properly handles the trojansimulator file, "trojansimulator.exe"..

thanks very much, SAS..

i contacted SAS support, before posting about this issue in the forum, and they said that they would take care of it, but i wasn't sure that they would, which is why i posted about it in the forum, but they did..

thanks! :)

Cool! Cool! Cool! SAS fixed things to where it properly handles the trojansimulator file, "trojansimulator.exe"..

thanks very much, SAS..

i contacted SAS support, before posting about this issue in the forum, and they said that they would take care of it, but i wasn't sure that they would, which is why i posted about it in the forum, but they did..

thanks! :)

In the future, to avoid duplicatoin of efforts and resources, would you please just post in one place? We have different staff that handles the forum vs the support system and posting both places just wastes resources. :) If you submit something via our support system, it gets handled.