kd5

I see SAS has taken to

I see SAS has taken to detecting Security Center has been disabled (and reporting that as an infection), joining MalwareByte's AntiMalware and others in the same detection/infection label, and requiring that these entries be ignored in the cases where Security Center has legitimately been disabled (because alot of us think the Security Center is extraneous and unnecessary).

Is there any particular reason for that new behaviour?

Thanks, -kd5-

Welcome to the SAS forum kd5.

Given the amount of infections that disable the Security Center (as well as most users wanting it enabled), SAS made the decision to detect if it was disabled.

For the few tech savy users who disable the SC, it's simple enough to allow SAS to trust that decision.

Seth is correct - infections disable this often - 99.99% of users do not disable this on their own.

I just have Windows Automatic Updates turned off, which causes this detection in SAS now.

I just wanted to verify that this was normal and doesn't actually mean there's an infection?

Thanks!

I just have Windows Automatic Updates turned off, which causes this detection in SAS now.

I just wanted to verify that this was normal and doesn't actually mean there's an infection?

Thanks!

SAS is detecting that Auto Updates is disabled. Since you've deliberately disabled AU's, simply highlight the item and choose to allow it when the scan completes.