Sign in to follow this  
cinek

no update to 4.39?

Siliconman01 - Can I infer that you don't trust the SAS Uninstaller yet?

No, you can't infer that, all uninstallers have been updated, you can use the one here to make sure if you are concerned:

www.superantispyware.com/downloads/SASUNINST64.EXE

I don't think I'll take you up on that offer. It's not that I don't believe you, but I'm still restoring my system after the old SAS Uninstaller clobbered it!

On both my Windows 7 x64 Professional and Windows 7 x86 Professional computers, I just close down SAS and then uninstall SAS PRO via Control Panel>Programs and Features. It uninstalls just fine, with no problems, and thoroughly with the Programs and Features uninstaller of SAS.

bilvihur, i didn't realize that the problem that you had was caused by SAS's uninstaller, their uninstall "utility".. i thought the problem occured when the SAS program was updating itself, like from build 4.38 to build 4.39..

bilvidur, i can understand your not wanting to use the uninstall-utility again, however you should be able to uninstall SAS manually, without using the uninstall-utility.. just delete the SAS files and regkeys..

i uninstalled SAS today, just to see if it would uninstall properly, and it did..