Sign in to follow this  
Cyberchief

Update and Registration Problem

I use Windows 7 Home Premium x64. Intel 3.20 GHz Processor, Nvidia GeForce 9800 GT with 1 GB DDR2 Ram, 8 GB Ram, 320 GB hard drive. Every time the program SuperAntiSpyware Professional Version 4.39.0.1002 updates manually or user induced the program registration and activation is removed. The next time the program is run it needs to be re-registered and re-activated. This happens when the program tries to update, which fails to complete. I had read the FAQ's about re-registering and activation and none of the suggested solutions work. The guidance I followed was under the topic of: I am asked to register and / or activate again and I have already done so. Has anyone had this problem or know of a solution? This was discovered happening with the previous version also, and this was the reason for the update, and it's getting old. If no one else has had this problem with the updater I will submit a ticket to Support. I have submitted a Diagnostic Report as suggested with no response as of yet. The program does what it's suppose to do, until it updates. Another observation when doing a clean install, removed temp files and any mention of the program files or directories was removed per the instruction in the FAQ's. The program during install when it gets to the update definitions and program the software stops working. Rebooted and the program finished the update process, but it needed to be registered and activated again.

I use Windows 7 Home Premium x64. Intel 3.20 GHz Processor, Nvidia GeForce 9800 GT with 1 GB DDR2 Ram, 8 GB Ram, 320 GB hard drive. Every time the program SuperAntiSpyware Professional Version 4.39.0.1002 updates manually or user induced the program registration and activation is removed. The next time the program is run it needs to be re-registered and re-activated. This happens when the program tries to update, which fails to complete. I had read the FAQ's about re-registering and activation and none of the suggested solutions work. The guidance I followed was under the topic of: I am asked to register and / or activate again and I have already done so. Has anyone had this problem or know of a solution? This was discovered happening with the previous version also, and this was the reason for the update, and it's getting old. If no one else has had this problem with the updater I will submit a ticket to Support. I have submitted a Diagnostic Report as suggested with no response as of yet. The program does what it's suppose to do, until it updates. Another observation when doing a clean install, removed temp files and any mention of the program files or directories was removed per the instruction in the FAQ's. The program during install when it gets to the update definitions and program the software stops working. Rebooted and the program finished the update process, but it needed to be registered and activated again.

Try completely uninstalling and re-installing. If that does not clear up the problem, then it is best to submit a CSR.

- Be sure that you are signed on with an account that has full administrator privileges

- Close down SAS from running

- Remove SAS via Control Panel>Programs and Features

- Reboot

- Do a search on your C drive for SASCORE and delete any folder with the name SASCORE

- Do a search on your C drive for SuperAntiSpyware and delete any folder that contains SuperAntiSpyware in the folder name.

- Ensure that you have internet connectivity

- Re-Install V4.90.1002. BE SURE to enter your license key on the second page of the installer Wizard. It will verify the key code when you enter it.

- After the installation is completed, activate SAS when the page pops up for this...after the initial installation is completed.

- Let it download the new core/trace updates

- Setup your preferences.

Also, if you are running Avira Premium Security Suite, reference the link below.

https://forums.superantispyware.com/index.php?/topic/3858-superantispyware-4391002-vs-avira-webguard/

Note: I am running SAS PRO V4.39.1002 on both Windows 7 x86 and Windows 7 x64 Professional and am not experiencing the problem that you are....JFI.

In my original post I stated that I had done the clean/fresh install. I removed the program through the Control Panel and rebooted. Once Windows reloaded I ran SASUNINST64.EXE, rebooted. I then ran CCleaner and TweakNow PowerPack (newest version) and cleaned the registry. In the run dialog I deleted all the temp files with the del %temp% to clear all temp files. I did a physical search in Windows Explorer looking for any remains of the program, nothing was found. I then reinstalled after reboot. Things were going fine and when it go to the update definitions is when the program stopped responding. I rebooted and the installation/setup continued. Entered the registration number and activated. Then it started to update the definitions and I noticed the pop up saying the trial period had expired and I reentered the registration info and activated the program again. The program updated automatically a while later and the same pop up appeared. I didn't mention the pop ups in the original post because I thought that since most of the people in this forum have expertise with the program. Why would I install the previous version when I also mentioned that I had the same problem with it? If you had actually read the post this was explained thoroughly in my post. Reinstalling a previous version isn't the right answer if there was a problem with it. To me the solution would come when the question about the Updater is resolved. The program works exceptionally well in all other areas. I think it's an very well developed piece of software and with things that get updated there are glitches. Thanks for the speedy reply but next time read the post more carefully and this post would not have been created. Thanks for the reply.... 8)

Submitted a Customer Support Request (CSR00050539) on the same day (12 June) I made this post and I have yet to hear back for the CSR people. :twisted: It has never taken this long before and I wonder what the hold up is? If I get a resolution I will post it immediately. This seems to be affecting numerous computers. :?:

Got reply from Customer Support and this was the guidance I received. " Check for updates and reboot, you should now be able to register and for it to hold." It may sound strange but this actually worked for me. Hope this will help others with the same situation as mine. 8)