Sign in to follow this  
bszen27

Can't download new version

Windows Vista Home Premium 64bit SP2

I uninstalled a previous version on SAS (that was working fine) so that I can get the newer version that is better for 64bit systems. When I click the installation file, I get the following message:

"Application failed to start because MSIMG32.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

I have never seen this message before and when I go to the System32 folder, msimg32.dll is indeed there. BTW... I did look the problem up on the internet and ran sfc /scannow with no issues.

Windows Vista Home Premium 64bit SP2

I uninstalled a previous version on SAS (that was working fine) so that I can get the newer version that is better for 64bit systems. When I click the installation file, I get the following message:

"Application failed to start because MSIMG32.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

I have never seen this message before and when I go to the System32 folder, msimg32.dll is indeed there. BTW... I did look the problem up on the internet and ran sfc /scannow with no issues.

Are you running the latest driver for your video card? If not, go to the video card manufacturer's website and download/install the latest driver. Then attempt the SAS V4.39.1002 installation again.

On a 64-bit system, MSIMG32.dll should be in the C:\Windows\System32 folder and C:\Windows\SysWOW64 folder....at least that is the case on Windows 7 x64.

Are you running the latest driver for your video card? If not, go to the video card manufacturer's website and download/install the latest driver. Then attempt the SAS V4.39.1002 installation again.

On a 64-bit system, MSIMG32.dll should be in the C:\Windows\System32 folder and C:\Windows\SysWOW64 folder....at least that is the case on Windows 7 x64.

Just updated my ati driver and have msimg32.dll in both folders, but I still get the error message. BTW- whatever version I downloaded from this site a month ago was okay and the most recent portable version works just fine, so it most likely has something to do with this specific SAS installer.

Just updated my ati driver and have msimg32.dll in both folders, but I still get the error message. BTW- whatever version I downloaded from this site a month ago was okay and the most recent portable version works just fine, so it most likely has something to do with this specific SAS installer.

Hmmm...okay. It is probably best that you create a Customer Service Request and let the SAS gurus track down the problem and fix the new blended installer when the error is identified.

https://www.superantispyware.com/precreateticket.html