Sign in to follow this  
rocks911

I cannot get rid of tracking cookie

I continue to get the following tracking cookie:

C:\Documents and Settings\Me\Application Data\MACROMEDIA\FLASH PLAYER\#SHAREDOBJECTS\BRBAYB2J\MSNBCMEDIA.MSN.COM

When SuperAntispyware is done cleaning or eliminating the file it says my computer needs to restart. Once it restarts it hangs at the Microsoft screen and wont boot, ever. I did this last night and kinda forgot about it and this morning it was still hung on the Microsoft screen. I then have to do a hard reboot and select start from a previously workable setting. Obviously this thing cant be eliminated.

Any ideas?

Are you running the latest SAS V4.38.1004 with the latest core/trace updates?

What Windows Operating System are you running and is it 32-bit or 64-bit?

Also, please post the scan log of SAS.

For what it's worth, SAS successfully removed this same item from my laptop. Here's part of the log.

Generated 06/06/2010 at 09:48 PM

Application Version : 4.38.1004

Core Rules Database Version : 5039

Trace Rules Database Version: 2851

Scan type : Quick Scan

Adware.Flash Tracking Cookie

C:\Documents and Settings\Me\Application Data\MACROMEDIA\FLASH PLAYER\#SHAREDOBJECTS\8LYDBFKZ\MSNBCMEDIA.MSN.COM

I'm running a 32 bit OS, Windows XP Pro SP3. I do find the reboot time a bit increased when SAS removes these flash cookies, but, to be honest, this is a subjective observation on my part, not anything I've actually measured. I just thought I would mention that this item was removed from my system without incident. It hasn't shown up again either.

middydj,

I'm working that solution now. I did just update my directX and I'm guessing thats when it changed. How nice huh, please update our software so we can better track you.

Yep that seemed to work, thanks