Sign in to follow this  
siliconman01

Pre-Release Pro V4.39.1002 running well on Win 7 x86/x64 Professional

https://www.superantispyware.com/prerelease.html

Not sure what enhancements/fixes are included in the pre-release V4.39.1002; however, it is running and scanning just fine on Win 7 x86 Professional and Win 7 x64 Professional.

- I uninstalled SAS PRO V4.38.1004 via Control Panel>Programs and Features prior to installing the pre-release.

- The installation/activation/core,trace updates all proceeded without a hitch.

- After setting up preferences, I ran a complete scan without any problems.

- It is scanning ~2500 more registry keys than V4.38.1004 on Complete Scans on both Win 7 x64.

- I think it is scanning more registry keys on Win 7 x86; however, I do not remember the approximate count under V4.38.1004.

- The Preferences>Repairs tab is fully populated on both Win 7 x86/x64. (I only run with an Administrator Account, UAC deactivated.)

- As with V4.38.1004 on Win 7 x86, SASCore.exe is not running resident in memory; whereas, SASCore64.exe does run memory resident on Win 7 x64. I guess this is by design on Win 7 x86 ??

Note: On the registry key increases, I am assuming that the 14 Microsoft hotfixes issued on 08-Jun-10 for Win 7 did not add a big block of keys.

Thought I would just add this, even though I'm using Windows Vista instead of Win 7. Down-loaded and installed Pro V4.39.1002, then ran full system scan. Everything went smooth. Lots more items scanned over 4.38 and scan time was quite a bit quicker. Forgot to print scan log from 4.38 before I un-installed it, so can't give accurate figures. But 4.39 is working with no problems on Vista 32 Bit, Avast 5.0.545, Outpost Firewall 2009.

I just updated. two notes:

1) Repairs tab is still blank (thought this was suppose to be fixed in this update).

2) When I update, it removes my serial number and I have to look it up and enter (shouldn't this be saved through versions)?

Note, this is on Win 7 64bit

I just updated. two notes:

1) Repairs tab is still blank (thought this was suppose to be fixed in this update).

2) When I update, it removes my serial number and I have to look it up and enter (shouldn't this be saved through versions)?

Note, this is on Win 7 64bit

The serial number needs to be entered if you manually update SAS via downloading the newest version from the website and then manually install it. Please perform a complete uninstall of SAS and then re-install V4.39.1002 downloaded from the link below. V4.39.1002 is now a final release. This is to see if the Repairs tab will populate with a fresh re-install.

- Be sure that you are signed on with an account that has full administrator privileges

- Close down SAS from running

- Remove SAS via Control Panel>Programs and Features

- Reboot

- Do a search on your C drive for SASCORE and delete any folder with the name SASCORE

- Do a search on your C drive for SuperAntiSpyware and delete any folder that contains SuperAntiSpyware in the folder name.

- Ensure that you have internet connectivity

- Re-Install V4.90.1002. BE SURE to enter your license key on the second page of the installer Wizard. It will verify the key code when you enter it.

- After the installation is completed, activate SAS when the page pops up for this...after the initial installation is completed.

- Let it download the new core/trace updates

- Setup your preferences.

https://www.superantispyware.com