Sign in to follow this  
Natori

Trojan.Dropper/Win-NV

This is my third posting on a website...decided to come straight to the source (I went to AVG's website and got the "false positive" response). A week ago, AVG virus scan found a threat from some trojan and then deleted it from the Virus Vault. I didn't have a chance to research it (don't even remember the name of it) before AVG deleted it from the vault. Fast forward to a week later, I run a scan through SuperAntiSpyware (Free Edition) and I get trojan.dropper/win-nv among other things. I had to reboot and it was quarantined. I then decided to run SuperAntiSpyware in Safe Mode and got the same result so it obviously wasn't deleted during the regular scan. Now, mind you before this I was using the Professional Edition of SuperAntiSpyware for the past year...and downgraded to the Free Edition. Also, the Professional Edition never found anything like this....only minor tracking cookies (adware). How do I know for sure that this gone? I read another topic from this site that came up in Google Search and it was mentioned as a "false positive." Is this still the case or should I be doing something else?

This is my third posting on a website...decided to come straight to the source (I went to AVG's website and got the "false positive" response). A week ago, AVG virus scan found a threat from some trojan and then deleted it from the Virus Vault. I didn't have a chance to research it (don't even remember the name of it) before AVG deleted it from the vault. Fast forward to a week later, I run a scan through SuperAntiSpyware (Free Edition) and I get trojan.dropper/win-nv among other things. I had to reboot and it was quarantined. I then decided to run SuperAntiSpyware in Safe Mode and got the same result so it obviously wasn't deleted during the regular scan. Now, mind you before this I was using the Professional Edition of SuperAntiSpyware for the past year...and downgraded to the Free Edition. Also, the Professional Edition never found anything like this....only minor tracking cookies (adware). How do I know for sure that this gone? I read another topic from this site that came up in Google Search and it was mentioned as a "false positive." Is this still the case or should I be doing something else?

If you scan in SAFE MODE again, does SAS find anything? If so, please post the scan log.

If you scan in SAFE MODE again, does SAS find anything? If so, please post the scan log.

The funny thing is that now that I've upgraded to the professional version of SuperAntiSpyware again, it doesn't find anything at all (I haven't scanned in safe mode yet)...only the minor tracking cookies that it found before. I'm not sure when I will do another scan in safe mode as I'm trying some other possible resolution(s) right now but if I scan in safe mode again and the professional version finally detects something, I will post.