Sign in to follow this  
NPT55

Why not viruses?

SAS and similar products always claim to clean up everything except viruses.Why is it so that these products can deal with everything bar Viruses?Does virus removal requires a complete different engineering than it requires for all the other stuff? :rolleyes:

SAS and similar products always claim to clean up everything except viruses.Why is it so that these products can deal with everything bar Viruses?Does virus removal requires a complete different engineering than it requires for all the other stuff? :rolleyes:

Anti-Malware programs are not designed to find Viruses just like Anti-Virus programs are not designed to remove and find Malware.

Anti-Malware programs are not designed to find Viruses just like Anti-Virus programs are not designed to remove and find Malware.

True viruses have been extremely rare in the past few years. Too bad the media and web sites erroneously report Worms, Trojan Horses, etc, as "viruses"

I generally despise AVG, but I give credit for them for admitting that viruses only account for about 3% of known infections. I suggest that percentage is liberal.

Bottom line: The whole area of infection classification is gray. It's more practical to classify all infections as "malware".

Malware, short for malicious software, is software designed to infiltrate a computer system without the owner's informed consent. The expression is a general term used by computer professionals to mean a variety of forms of hostile, intrusive, or annoying software or program code.[1] The term "computer virus" is sometimes used as a catch-all phrase to include all types of malware, including true viruses.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malware

Hi DragonBoy.

Please note my previous post.