danny09411

repair page blank in windows 7

We don't yet have 64-bit repairs, but will soon!

That's very odd! My SAS PRO V4.38.1004 on Win 7 x64 Professional has a fully populated Preferences>Repair window. I tried the IE Home Page Reset and it worked. :shock:

That's very odd! My SAS PRO V4.38.1004 on Win 7 x64 Professional has a fully populated Preferences>Repair window. I tried the IE Home Page Reset and it worked. :shock:

i am runing a 32bit system

That is interesting indeed. I just recently downloaded the blended installer and installed for the first time my Lifetime license of SAS Pro V4.38.1004 on a Win7 x64 machine and my Repairs page is blank! Wonder how come your Repairs screen is populated and mine is blank?

BTW, Siliconman01....off-topic, but I used to have a miniature dachshund that looked almost EXACTLY like the one in your avatar: http://s217.photobucket.com/albums/cc278/buttonbutt/?action=view&current=thumb.jpg

I did a double-take when I saw it!

That is interesting indeed. I just recently downloaded the blended installer and installed for the first time my Lifetime license of SAS Pro V4.38.1004 on a Win7 x64 machine and my Repairs page is blank! Wonder how come your Repairs screen is populated and mine is blank?

BTW, Siliconman01....off-topic, but I used to have a miniature dachshund that looked almost EXACTLY like the one in your avatar: http://s217.photobucket.com/albums/cc278/buttonbutt/?action=view&current=thumb.jpg

I did a double-take when I saw it!

It certainly appears that there is a bug in the blended installer. I'll file a CSR and see what the gurus determine.

off-topic: Mine is a female doberman without cropped ears... :)

I sent in a CSR on this. Here is the reply I received back. From this, it sounds like both Win 7 x64 and Win 7 x86 should have the Repair window fully populated with the various repair tools. I assume that "run our diagnostic tool" means to send in a CSR and obtain the diagnostic tool.

I would like to have those individuals uninstall and reinstall using the latest installer to see if their "Repair" tab will repopulate. My personal computer is also running Win 7 X64 with the Repair tab populated and no issues.

If there still are individuals that do not have the "Repair" tab populated, we would like them to run our diagnostic tool.

Regards,

SUPERAntiSpyware.com Customer Service

I sent in a CSR on this.

I have also not been able to see the repairs on my windows 7 x64 system. I also sent in a csr and this is the response I got:

Some people have been reporting that their "Repair" tab is populated and that it does work but currently the "Repair" tab will need to be worked on so that the repair function will work on Windows 7 consistantly for every user.

Regards,

I then asked about the diagnostic tool, so I'll see what they say about that.

Here's an update. This is the latest response to my csr:

The repairs table will be populated on Win7 x64 and x86 by the new installer though they shouldn't be so there is currently a bug in the installer. Our developers are aware of this and will be working on fixing the "Repair" tab for the Win7 x64 and x86 versions.

Regards,

Just a thought. The Repair tab may not be populated if you are signed on with a Limited User Account. If it is an Administrator account, the tab should be populated. I wouldn't think that you want an LUA to be able to make repairs by SAS.

My repair tab is also remain blank after i do first repair on SAS Free.I'm using Windows 7 32-bit.

Is it normal or not?

And if it is a bug in installer, when it'll be fixed?

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Just a thought. The Repair tab may not be populated if you are signed on with a Limited User Account. If it is an Administrator account, the tab should be populated. I wouldn't think that you want an LUA to be able to make repairs by SAS.

On both my Windows 7 32 bit machines, the Repairs windows is normally blank, even though I only have one account, which is, therefore, an Administrator account. If, however, I run SAS by right-clicking and selecting "Run as Administrator", the Repairs window is populated.

Mike.

On both my Windows 7 32 bit machines, the Repairs windows is normally blank, even though I only have one account, which is, therefore, an Administrator account. If, however, I run SAS by right-clicking and selecting "Run as Administrator", the Repairs window is populated.

Mike.

I uninstalled and then reinstalled using run as administrator and my repair page is still blank. I'm using Windows7 pro 64 bit. Guess I'll just have to wait until the bug is fixed.

Gee, this just gets more interesting. When I log onto my Limited account and open SAS the repairs screen is blank; when I right click the desktop icon and Run as Administrator (still on the LUA) the Repairs screen is STILL BLANK!

However if I log completely off the LUA and actually log onto my Administrator account, the SAS Repair screen is populated. So it would seem that the type of account is in the driver's seat here. That would say to me that being on an Administrator Account and Run as Administrator are NOT equal in SAS's eyes (or maybe I should say Win7x64 Home Premium's eyes). Hmmmmm.....interesting indeed. I thought those two things were synonymous.

Gee, this just gets more interesting. When I log onto my Limited account and open SAS the repairs screen is blank; when I right click the desktop icon and Run as Administrator (still on the LUA) the Repairs screen is STILL BLANK!

However if I log completely off the LUA and actually log onto my Administrator account, the SAS Repair screen is populated. So it would seem that the type of account is in the driver's seat here. That would say to me that being on an Administrator Account and Run as Administrator are NOT equal in SAS's eyes (or maybe I should say Win7x64 Home Premium's eyes). Hmmmmm.....interesting indeed. I thought those two things were synonymous.

Getting a little more interesting today. Now, SAS won't populate the Repairs page unless I open/load the GUI in Safe Mode. The page is unpopulated on ALL accounts in Normal Mode. I wonder if this is a UAC issue in Win7? May have to turn it off and test that notion. Anyway, I'm glad I at least now I can get at these features in Safe Mode. :-D