lardboy

Recycle bin on drive c:\ is corrupted pop up??

Every time I run the install program for version 4.38.1004 of superantispyware I get a pop up telling me the recycle bin on drive c is corrupted and asking if I would like to empty the recycle bin.

I've tried :

- Clicking yes

- Deleting the recycle bin from the C drive

- Typing rd /s /q C:\$Recycle.bin in an elevated command prompt

But I still get the pop up.

Anybody know why?

My system -

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (fully up to date)

Possibly relevant software also installed -

Not running - malwarebytes' anti-malware, spybot S&D, CCleaner

Running - Winpatrol, Avira Antivirus Premium, Comodo Firewall

Continued from previous post...

If that doesn't work, was there any error when issuing the command? Another option may be to issue the command from Safe Mode. Also, have a look here:

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/131294-recycle-bin-corrupted-cannot-delete-file-folder.html

It's for Vista, but will generally still apply.

Note that V4.38 will install from Safe Mode. So that's worth a shot.

Thanks for the feedback I managed to install using the original installer I just clicked no on the pop up and the installation continued but I'd still like to know why I was getting the pop up.

I was slightly worried that the installer might be infected with "something" even though I downloaded from download.com

Thanks for the feedback I managed to install using the original installer I just clicked no on the pop up and the installation continued but I'd still like to know why I was getting the pop up.

I was slightly worried that the installer might be infected with "something" even though I downloaded from download.com

The installer isn't infected.

I don't know why the popup occured, but the corrupt recycle bin error is a common issue. Try out the suggestions from the link I posted if the issue occurs again.