dragonrider99

Update window

Greetings,

I have 4 pc's/laptops all running SAS Pro. Two have the lifetime and 2 have the one year (which I will be upgrading to lifetime when the year expires). Anyway, I am curious about something. Since the last update, it seems like I am now getting the "Updating" window when it does it's daily update check. Each system does a scheduled scan at 2 a.m. I do not recall ever seeing the update messages on the screens before, unless I initiated it manually. As a matter of fact, I found one of the laptops "hung" with a black rectangle where the update message would have been in the center of the screen.

Has anyone else noticed this? Any ideas? I restarted the laptop and opened preferences, but did not see anything unusual.

Thanks in advance for your help. :?:

Welcome to the SAS forum Dragonrider.

Please confirm that all the computers are using V4.38.1004

Thanks.

I currently have version 4.35.1002, and it continually tells me that I have an update available. However, when I click the "Download and Install the Updates Now" link & click Next on the "Welcome to Application Update" window, I get a window that supposedly lists the available updates, but the list is blank (& Next button disabled) & it never does anything. This has been going on for weeks, and doesn't matter if I reboot. I'm running Windows Vista Home Premium (32-bit). This is getting pretty annoying, to say the least.

I currently have version 4.35.1002, and it continually tells me that I have an update available. However, when I click the "Download and Install the Updates Now" link & click Next on the "Welcome to Application Update" window, I get a window that supposedly lists the available updates, but the list is blank (& Next button disabled) & it never does anything. This has been going on for weeks, and doesn't matter if I reboot. I'm running Windows Vista Home Premium (32-bit). This is getting pretty annoying, to say the least.

Your version is very old. Here is what you should do.

1. Close down SAS.

2. Go to Control Panel>Programs and Features and uninstall SAS.

3. Download the SAS special uninstaller via the link below. Save it on your desktop.

https://www.superantispyware.com/downloads/SASUNINST.EXE

4. Run the special uninstaller (SASUNINST.EXE). It will force a system reboot.

5. Go to the link below and download the new SAS PRO version 4.38.1004

https://www.superantispyware.com/downloadfile.html?productid=SUPERANTISPYWARE

6. Install the new version.

- Follow the wizard instructions carefully.

- BE SURE to enter your license key when it asks for it...2nd wizard window.

- Activate your SAS PRO when the installation is completed.

- Let it update your core/trace definitions to the latest versions.

- Set up all your preferences.

7. Delete the special uninstaller (SASUNINST.EXE) from your desktop.

8. Run a Complete Scan of your computers with the new version of SAS PRO