NPT55

can the home page hijack protection in the free edition of SAS conflict with other security softwares?

I was recently going through an article in a forum which stated that the homepage hijack protection in the free edition of SAS can conflict with other security softwares cause its realtime,is it a known problem?

I was recently going through an article in a forum which stated that the homepage hijack protection in the free edition of SAS can conflict with other security softwares cause its realtime,is it a known problem?

Well that's news to us. I haven't seen any posts on this forum with that issue.

SuperAntiSpyware is designed to work with other security programs.

Can you post a link to that article?

Well that's news to us. I haven't seen any posts on this forum with that issue.

SuperAntiSpyware is designed to work with other security programs.

Can you post a link to that article?

You can find it here-http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/msestart/thread/bf78f11c-169c-47b8-80d4-24cd27f50d42/#ca176747-a879-4a18-a25b-104b38425c87

You can find it here-http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/msestart/thread/bf78f11c-169c-47b8-80d4-24cd27f50d42/#ca176747-a879-4a18-a25b-104b38425c87

I skimmed through the first few posts and was astonished by the misinformation. However, the poster "GreginMich" has got it right.

If you read the second Greginmich reply carefully,even he acknowledges that the homepage hijack protection can cause compatibility problems.Whats your say on that?Since the article was a microsoft security essentials related one can it be a MSE specific issue?

If you read the second Greginmich reply carefully,even he acknowledges that the homepage hijack protection can cause compatibility problems.Whats your say on that?

Are you referring to:

...the “Registry Protection” (against Browser Hi-Jackers and other threats) feature could certainly also cause trouble.

That's a known issue with other security programs. However I've yet to see anything like that attributed to SAS. I've got hundreds of customers running MSE and SAS pro in real time with absolutely no issue, and little to no system drain.

Thanks a lot for clearing up the issue,just wanna tell SAS free edition is my favourite on demand scanner and planning to re-install it cause I reformatted my pc couple of days ago alongside MSE hence posted this article.Keep up the great work.

Thanks a lot for clearing up the issue,just wanna tell SAS free edition is my favourite on demand scanner and planning to re-install it cause I reformatted my pc couple of days ago alongside MSE hence posted this article.Keep up the great work.

You're very welcome.

Enjoy the product:)