Sign in to follow this  
siliconman01

SAS PRO/Free V4.38.1004 Released as Final Public Release

SAS PRO and Free V4.38.1004 has been publicly released as the final release. The download links are available at

https://www.superantispyware.com/

All you need to do is run the V4.38.1004 installer and it will remove previous versions of SAS and install the new release. I recommend that you close down SAS prior to upgrading.

They will be updated today :)

Thanks, I noticed that when I downloaded one and checked the version info the files were already the new version.

I downloaded and installed new version but it's still showing 4.37.1000.

I just checked the exe and its showing 4.38.1004 but that's not the version that installed

OK I checked for updates and the new version (4.38.1004) installed.

OK I checked for updates and the new version (4.38.1004) installed.

shouldn't the 4.48 be installed as a fresh install on 64bit os? by upgrading from 4.37 you will not get the full 64bit functionality as you'll still have the 32bit version

Hello everyone,

I have installed the latest version of SAS PRO v4 38. 1004...I notice that the laptop's fan was on all the time, never stopped. I checked the task Manager and suprised that the processor ( i5 540) was 25% of load, I was doing nothing. Checked the programs and found that the SAS Pro was using 25%. i killed the process and the load went down to zero and the fan had stopped.

I have installed v 4.37.1000 and is working perfect, SAS process while idle is 0, the other version 25% of processor.

I will stick with the old version till will come up with an update. Is pity , I have 2 lincese and I might have to stopp using the prg.

Note to 64 bit users from SAS's 4.38.1004 product release history:

64-bit Users: You will need to uninstall and re-install to update to the native 64-bit version

Also note the installer states such.

Hello everyone,

I have installed the latest version of SAS PRO v4 38. 1004...I notice that the laptop's fan was on all the time, never stopped. I checked the task Manager and suprised that the processor ( i5 540) was 25% of load, I was doing nothing. Checked the programs and found that the SAS Pro was using 25%. i killed the process and the load went down to zero and the fan had stopped.

I have installed v 4.37.1000 and is working perfect, SAS process while idle is 0, the other version 25% of processor.

I will stick with the old version till will come up with an update. Is pity , I have 2 lincese and I might have to stopp using the prg.

Hi Emy.

What version of Windows are you using, and is it 32 bit or 64 bit?

Please see my previous post if you're running 64 bit

I have the pro version on my laptop with win 7 64 bit, if I uninstall and then download from the link for pro,will it remember my SN to keep my lifetime subscription or do I have to find and re input it.

I have the pro version on my laptop with win 7 64 bit, if I uninstall and then download from the link for pro,will it remember my SN to keep my lifetime subscription or do I have to find and re input it.

Good point Peaty.

64 bit Pro users should write down the key, then transfer it. The key and transfer option is found in SAS's Preferences>Help.

Okay just uninstalled and reinstalled no problem after getting the code then hitting transfer. I exited SAS with a right click on the bug in the tray. I looked in the start SAS program group and there is no uninstall so I just went to the Control Panel and uninstalled there. I did not have to reboot (or at least it did no ask me to) so I just installed it and it asked for the code. I plunked that in there and was good to go. I did have to reset my preferences but that was very simple, thanks.

Hello everyone,

When you have a problem such as this, you need to provide some system details so we can see what might be going on - did you do a complete uninstall and re-install? Are you 32 or 64 bit? What OS?

When you have a problem such as this, you need to provide some system details so we can see what might be going on - did you do a complete uninstall and re-install? Are you 32 or 64 bit? What OS?

Thanks yu for replay.

I have windows 7 64 bit and I do not think I did a clean uninstall/install of the Prg. In fact I had the latest v. on my laptop and v.4.37 on other laptop. checked both of them, the 4.37 was working just fine.

I will do a fresh uninstall/install of it to see if there will be any better.

hi

i have a new computer what link am i going to use to download pro i have a 64 bit windows seven system

also from the forums i am seeing version 4.48 will this be what i see after i install because on the download page i see only v4 38. 1004 thats why i am writing also after install do i need to uninstalled and reinstall or not its a new computer has not had pro in it yet i have been waiting for the release of 64 bit

thanks

hi

i have a new computer what link am i going to use to download pro i have a 64 bit windows seven system

also from the forums i am seeing version 4.48 will this be what i see after i install because on the download page i see only v4 38. 1004 thats why i am writing also after install do i need to uninstalled and reinstall or not its a new computer has not had pro in it yet i have been waiting for the release of 64 bit

thanks

no idea what you mean..... 4.48 is short for v4 38. 1004 - since this is the first 4.48 release

new computer == NEW == no previous installations of superantispyware

if you already installed superantispyware you need to remove it and install it again using the new 4.48 installer to get the full advantage of SAS 64bit

hi

thanks

v4 38. 1004 is the released version for 32/64bit, any other are beta/pre-release versions. It should be installed clean = no other versions installed before install.

Hi Emy.

What version of Windows are you using, and is it 32 bit or 64 bit?

Please see my previous post if you're running 64 bit

Thanks. Its fine now. I had beta installed over v.4.37, i think....and installed v.4.38.1004 over all of them and therefore I had problem.

I uninstalled all of them, restarted the system and did a fresh install of latest release.

Now is fine, idle mode CPU->0 load

28lwbgn.png

I have , as i said Windows 7 64 bit