I cannot update all of a sudden

I recently have not been able to get updates when I allow SUPERAntiSpyware through my firewall even when my firewall is also set to disabled or too "allow all". I have looked on the new update page and I know there are new updates to download but SUPERAntiSpyware says "Database definitions are up to date" when there is new defenitions available to download. I have tried re-installing but same thing is happening..

I had the same problem this morning. Go here:

C:\Documents and Settings\%Username%\Application Data\SUPERAntiSpyware.com\SUPERAntiSpyware

Delete both .zip files and both .db files and try again. It should update ok.

Brandon - which firewall are you using?

-Nick

I am using Jetico Personal Firewall.

I had the same problem this morning. Go here:

C:\Documents and Settings\%Username%\Application Data\SUPERAntiSpyware.com\SUPERAntiSpyware

Delete both .zip files and both .db files and try again. It should update ok.

There was only two .db files and I deleted them and it still doesn't work..

That's very odd, as I just tested from several locations and all the updates went fine. If you right-click the system tray icon and select "Check for Updates...", then go check the definition version, does it advance to 2905 (current)?

There also could be a routing issues between your location and our server - have you done a tracert?

-Nick

That's very odd, as I just tested from several locations and all the updates went fine. If you right-click the system tray icon and select "Check for Updates...", then go check the definition version, does it advance to 2905 (current)?

There also could be a routing issues between your location and our server - have you done a tracert?

-Nick

Nope didn't work either.. What exactly do you mean by tracert?

Oh ok, Is there anything else I can try?

Brandon - your firewall must be blocking access to our server. No one else is reporting update issues, and we are seeing hundreds of thousands of updates per day, so I don't believe there is a global problem at hand.

Try this. Go to the Start Menu->Run and type:

tracert updates.superantispyware.com

Click the OK button. Let me know the LAST line that is displayed, it may take a few seconds and should output at least 15-20 lines.

-Nick