SUPERAntiSpy

Improving SUPERAntiSpyware

As we move forward now that our 64-Bit pre-release seems stable and will become an official release, we want to know what our users feel would help improve SUPERAntiSpyware. We would appreciate honest feedback from those looking to improve SUPERAntiSpyware.

Remember the key features of our 4.38 Pre-Release are:

* 32/64 bit blended installer in a single package - the installer installs the proper version for your Operating System

* TRUE NATIVE 64-bit support - many other products work in 64-bit but don't actually scan or remove 64-bit components

* Safe Mode Installation Ability

Pre-Release Location

https://www.superantispyware.com/prerelease.html

Questions

1. What features would make SUPERAntiSpyware easier to use?

2. What would add "value" to SUPERAntiSpyware Professional besides the real-time and scheduling?

3. What annoys/bothers you most about SUPERAntiSpyware - what can we do change that?

4. What can we add to SUPERAntiSpyware Free Edition to make in a more effective tool in the fight against malware?

5. Other suggestions and comments?

Remember that we do keep EVERY suggestion logged on our "wish list" - we can't get to everything, but we will try and provide the features that the majority of our users want - this also doesn't mean that the other suggestions aren't valid, it just means there is only a certain amount of time in a day to accomplish the tasks!

2. What would add "value" to SUPERAntiSpyware Professional besides the real-time and scheduling?

Maybe more frequent updates, say every 2 - 4 hours.

I second that as well as having more choices regarding the interval the applications looks for new updates, every 8 hours is just not good enough. A dropdown menu with several options (Every 1, 2, 4 and 8 hours)would be step forward.

If you look at typical weekdays, we do definition releases every few hours. We'll be updating the Professional to have the option to set the update check interval.

1. A 30-60 second delay in checking for/downloading updates when SAS starts up during a system reboot.

2. A "benign" test file(created by SAS developers) that can be run to check that SAS real-time protection is actually working properly.

3. An option to perform an Update check before starting a Complete Scan (to ensure that user has the latest core/trace definitions prior to scanning).

Right click to scan option explorer feature

that my wish!! ;)

That the icon would stick in the system tray and function properly and as well as it would by just clicking on the icon on the desktop! That would be heaven!!!

2. A "benign" test file(created by SAS developers) that can be run to check that SAS real-time protection is actually working properly.

+1

That the icon would stick in the system tray and function properly and as well as it would by just clicking on the icon on the desktop! That would be heaven!!!

Could you explain this? I am not sure what you mean.

1. Yes to more frequent updates

2. The ability for program updates to be performed when the option for SuperAntiSpyware to appear in the system tray is not checked. (doesn't show program updates currently in this mode, it just says database definitions are up to date in a pop-up).

3. Option to perform program updates automatically. (The option in the updates menu says automatically "check" for, but it would be nice if it could automatically apply them too if desired.

Sure.

I've had Super Antispyware pro edition as of the end of last year, but I could never place the program's icon in the system tray without it disappearing the next time I logged onto my computer. It wouldn't stick, and I wanted it to be in the bottom right corner of my computer (system tray) in case a malware or whatever infected my computer. That way I could access this program while still looking at the infection showing on the internet in the center section of the computer screen.

The entire time I have been paying for this program's service, the icon has not been able to stay / stick in the system tray. I figured this was a glitch, or at least the corporation told me it was, and directed me to these forums. Fortunately, this has been the only problem I have experienced. And at least this program does stay on the desktop as an icon. But I need it in the system tray!!!

It would truly help if the program were to stay and function properly in the system tray, so I am anxiously awaiting the new release!!!!!!

And I hope I at least answered your question! :)

P.S. ----> WHOOOPS! Sorry everyone! my post before this one was in response to the post three above this one. (didn't know how to copy a quote, but here it is...) :)

. What features would make SUPERAntiSpyware easier to use?

3. What annoys/bothers you most about SUPERAntiSpyware - what can we do change that?

the fact that you have to in vista and in windows 7- to upgrade you need to right click on the bug and exist it- and right click on the desktop icon and click on "Open as Administrator" to upgrade the software.

This is the first software I have that does it this way- all the others just upgrade without doing this. (like it does in XP)

4. What can we add to SUPERAntiSpyware Free Edition to make in a more effective tool in the fight against malware?

I do not think you should add anything more than it has now because then no one will purchase the pro version and you will go out of business- then we will have nothing as good as your product to keep us safe

5. Other suggestions and comments?

No rebooting on cookies when you have cookies "checked off"

robin

An option to have SAS unzip/unpack and analyze archives, zip files, cabs, rar files, etc., during scans. The user should be able to select

- Unpack/Scan zip files

- Unpack/Scan rar files

- Unpack/Scan cab files

I've got one major complaint. It involves users with more than one account and/or users who add accounts.

In such cases, SAS is NOT installed on the other accounts, even though the installer seems to suggest otherwise. Furthermore, even if the user realizes the problem and installs SAS on the other account(s), those accounts are STILL not protected by SAS. Reason being, "Start SuperAntiSpyware When Windows Starts" and "Enable Real Time Protection" are not checked.

So unless I'm missing something obvious:), I think that's a major problem with SAS.

An option to have SAS unzip/unpack and analyze archives, zip files, cabs, rar files, etc., during scans

I think even just having SAS able to scan archives such as zip files by right clicking the file and scanning it would be nice. Although, it would be really helpful if there could be an option to scan inside of archives like siliconman01 is suggesting.

The comments others have made are fine. I would like to thank the team for the release of the free W7 64 bit compatible version, which I have now installed after a gap (relied on another anti malware for a few months which did not find some Adaware tracking cookies found by SAS) .Well done and thanks again. I think the free version is good and encourages folk to upgrade in view of its relibilty.