siliconman01

32/64-bit Blended Pre-Release SAS V4.38.1004 on Win 7 32/64-bit Pro

The new public pre-release SAS PRO V4.38.1004 installed flawlessly on both Windows 7 x86 Professional and Windows 7 x64 Professional. And it appears to be the first public pre-release of the 32-bit and 64-bit blended SAS PRO with full 64-bit compatibility. 8)

License activation and core/trace updating worked perfectly. Performed Complete Scans on both x86 and x64 systems with no issues to report. Real-time protection appears to be fully activated.

Co-existing fine thus far with NIS 2011 Beta on Win 7 x86 Pro and with Avira Premium Security Suite V10 on Win 7 x64 Professional.

Pre-release link at:

https://www.superantispyware.com/prerelease.html

ONE QUESTION?: On 32-bit Win 7, is a version of SASCORE.exe supposed to memory resident? It is memory resident (SASCore64.exe)on 64-bit Win 7, but not on 32-bit Win 7 in this pre-release.

The new public pre-release SAS PRO V4.38.1004 installed flawlessly on both Windows 7 x86 Professional and Windows 7 x64 Professional. And it appears to be the first public pre-release of the 32-bit and 64-bit blended SAS PRO with full 64-bit compatibility. 8)

License activation and core/trace updating worked perfectly. Performed Complete Scans on both x86 and x64 systems with no issues to report. Real-time protection appears to be fully activated.

Co-existing fine thus far with NIS 2011 Beta on Win 7 x86 Pro and with Avira Premium Security Suite V10 on Win 7 x64 Professional.

Pre-release link at:

https://www.superantispyware.com/prerelease.html

ONE QUESTION?: On 32-bit Win 7, is a version of SASCORE.exe supposed to memory resident? It is memory resident (SASCore64.exe)on 64-bit Win 7, but not on 32-bit Win 7 in this pre-release.

Thanks for the report and testing :) The SASCORE in 32-bit mode is not activated in this version, it will be in the next version. It is active in the 64-bit version.

Indeed, I notice the x64 version is significantly faster.

Can you explain the purpose of RunSAS.exe?

Does the x64 support command parameters?

Indeed, I notice the x64 version is significantly faster.

Can you explain the purpose of RunSAS.exe?

Does the x64 support command parameters?

RUNSAS is a tool for the 32-bit version to help when malware blocks SUPERAntiSpyware from running. When we have the command line parameters available, we will post documentation. We have command line options for silent install and auto-registration now.

Installer says my recycle bin is corrupted (it's not). Once i get past that it installs. Seems to run fine.

The installer should not be access the recycle bin - can you post a screen shot of the exact error?

Is this version above the 4.90.1060 version? Ie. should uninstall 4.90 and install 4.38 (seems like 4.90 is higher). This is on a x64 (professional SAS version BTW)

Thanks

Is this version above the 4.90.1060 version? Ie. should uninstall 4.90 and install 4.38 (seems like 4.90 is higher). This is on a x64 (professional SAS version BTW)

Thanks

The 4.90 was put "far" in the future to avoid any collisions with version, this 4.38 version is likely going to be the official release.

The 4.90 was put "far" in the future to avoid any collisions with version, this 4.38 version is likely going to be the official release.

So, 4.90 should be uninstalled and pre 4.38 should be installed, or are they the same and should wait for the official release (4.90 seems to be running fine on my 64bit win 7 so far)

Thanks

So, 4.90 should be uninstalled and pre 4.38 should be installed, or are they the same and should wait for the official release (4.90 seems to be running fine on my 64bit win 7 so far)

Thanks

4.90 should be uninstalled and 4.38 pre-release installed. There are changes/improvements in 4.38 that are not in 4.90. It's your choice as to whether you keep running 4.90 and wait for the final public release of 4.38 to make the change.

4.90 should be uninstalled and 4.38 pre-release installed. There are changes/improvements in 4.38 that are not in 4.90. It's your choice as to whether you keep running 4.90 and wait for the final public release of 4.38 to make the change.

I assume the official public release is close, are we talking days, weeks, months? Thanks

I assume the official public release is close, are we talking days, weeks, months? Thanks

Typically when a SAS version goes to "public pre-release", it is released as final within weeks. HOWEVER, that can vary depending on problems(quantity and severity) found and reported by the pre-release testers/users....such as you and me. The more users that test the public pre-release (which are historically pretty doggone solid and reliable), the more likely the final release time period will be shorten.

Typically when a SAS version goes to "public pre-release", it is released as final within weeks. HOWEVER, that can vary depending on problems(quantity and severity) found and reported by the pre-release testers/users....such as you and me. The more users that test the public pre-release (which are historically pretty doggone solid and reliable), the more likely the final release time period will be shorten.

Will the SUPERAntiSpyware Uninstallation Assistant on the prerelease page uninstall the 4.90 beta?

Thanks

Right clicking on the tray icon and choosing check for updates still doesn't show the update dialogue for me after updates are downloaded. Other than that everything seems to be working fine on both a Windows 7 x64 system and a Windows XP x32 system. I was also wondering if the description of integrate into vista security center was going to be updated too?

Thanks

Right clicking on the tray icon and choosing check for updates still doesn't show the update dialogue for me after updates are downloaded. Other than that everything seems to be working fine on both a Windows 7 x64 system and a Windows XP x32 system. I was also wondering if the description of integrate into vista security center was going to be updated too?

Thanks

Is IE installed on your systems? That window uses the browser to show the results. We are awaiting clearance from Microsoft to be allowed to integrate into the security center - they have new requirements. Once we have our "access" we'll be included :)

Is IE installed on your systems? That window uses the browser to show the results

IE is installed on my system and I waited to reply back to this because I don't use IE as my browser therefore the initial setup for IE8 hadn't been done on my machine so I wanted to do that and have a chance to run another update to make sure that wasn't causing the issue. I am still not seeing the window after the update is complete.

On a side note, I noticed siliconman01 said SASCORE.exe was memory resident on his x64 win7 system. Is that supposed to be in memory all the time? or at a particular time such as during a scan?