Sign in to follow this  
CadDy

Program Update Problems

Hi There,

I’m running SUPERAntiSpyware from Windows 7. Although I’m able to get Definition updates, I am unable to get Program updates.

When I attempt to get Program updates here’s what happens*:

• I get the SUPERAntiSpyware Update pop-up window
  • I click on the Download and Install the Updates Now link
  • I get a SUPERAntiSpyware pop-up window that states “You must stop the scan and close the SUPERAntiSpyware main screen before updating.” [This window appears even when the main window screen is not open or when there is no scan running. If there is a scan running, I stop it & if the main window is open, I close it, and then I click the OK button.]
  • Another SUPERAntiSpyware pop-up window appears stating “The update must be done from an account with Administrator privileges.” [This window appears: even though I am running the app from an admin account (I only have 1 acct on my PC & it’s an admin acct, no parental controls); I right-click and select Run as Administrator; I’ve even changed all shortcut and program .exe file permission settings to Run as Administrator.]

This occurs no matter which method I use to open any SAS program (via: the taskbar icon; Start-All Programs; “C:\Program Files (x86)\SUPERAntiSpyware\<SAS program name>.exe”; automatic update attempts upon pc startup; etc.).

Any suggestions?

*For screen-prints of the windows, see attached Word doc

2010.05.18_Unable to get Program updates - Copy.doc

Hi There,

I’m running SUPERAntiSpyware from Windows 7. Although I’m able to get Definition updates, I am unable to get Program updates.

When I attempt to get Program updates here’s what happens*:

• I get the SUPERAntiSpyware Update pop-up window
  • I click on the Download and Install the Updates Now link
  • I get a SUPERAntiSpyware pop-up window that states “You must stop the scan and close the SUPERAntiSpyware main screen before updating.” [This window appears even when the main window screen is not open or when there is no scan running. If there is a scan running, I stop it & if the main window is open, I close it, and then I click the OK button.]
  • Another SUPERAntiSpyware pop-up window appears stating “The update must be done from an account with Administrator privileges.” [This window appears: even though I am running the app from an admin account (I only have 1 acct on my PC & it’s an admin acct, no parental controls); I right-click and select Run as Administrator; I’ve even changed all shortcut and program .exe file permission settings to Run as Administrator.]

This occurs no matter which method I use to open any SAS program (via: the taskbar icon; Start-All Programs; “C:\Program Files (x86)\SUPERAntiSpyware\<SAS program name>.exe”; automatic update attempts upon pc startup; etc.).

Any suggestions?

*For screen-prints of the windows, see attached Word doc

Uninstall and re-download 4.37 from our site and re-install and you should no longer have the problem.