Sign in to follow this  
armsys

SuperAntiSpyware vs AVG

Would you believe SuperAntiSpyware suffice for basic security?

Would you believe SuperAntiSpyware can replace AVG?

Your feedback will be appreciated.

Would you believe SuperAntiSpyware suffice for basic security?

Would you believe SuperAntiSpyware can replace AVG?

Your feedback will be appreciated.

Hi Armsys.

Strictly speaking, SAS is not an an antivirus application. However, true viruses are extremely rare. What is commonly called a "virus", is most often not a virus at all.

The type of internet security used, depends on the knowledge of the user. For example, many computer techs and savy end users don't use any real time protection at all. Rather, they utilize "on demand" scanners.

In my computer repair business, low risk users who just use their computer for email and online "card" games, are using using SAS Pro with a quick scan every day, along with a MalwareBytes "on demand" weekly scan. Higher risk customers that use Facebook, Messenger, Peer to Peer, Torrents, etc, get the above security setup along with Microsoft Security Essentials.

Hi Seth,

Thanks for sharing your valuable personal insight.

For some odd reason, both SuperAntivirus and AntiMalware deliberately avoid being labeled as antivirus app. I believe they are.

My question is whether both provides sufficient protection. I believe so.

I like both products. Both are effective to remove virus. Their effective is no less than AVG and BitDefender.

Thanks again.

Hi Seth,

Thanks for sharing your valuable personal insight.

For some odd reason, both SuperAntivirus and AntiMalware deliberately avoid being labeled as antivirus app. I believe they are.

My question is whether both provides sufficient protection. I believe so.

I like both products. Both are effective to remove virus. Their effective is no less than AVG and BitDefender.

Thanks again.

SUPERAntiSpyware doesn't label ourselves as an anti-virus application because we are not - meaning disinfecting viruses is very different than removing malware. We are experts in malware and spyware.

SUPERAntiSpyware doesn't label ourselves as an anti-virus application because we are not - meaning disinfecting viruses is very different than removing malware. We are experts in malware and spyware.

Thanks for your enlightenment.

Thanks for your enlightenment.

also

AVG has a component that has an antispyware program built into it- MSE has Windows Defender which is also an antispyware program built into it- Avast has the same as well as Aviria and most of the others. That doesn't mean it is the "all all" and you should only run it. All of the above are antivirus programs primarily. You need a backup program like superantispyware that is only antispyware because one running in the backround is just not enough. You must also remember that when you set up scheduled scans they do not run or overlap each other. You should set the antivirus program to run at least 3 hours before or after the antiispyware program.

All of my clients are running either AVG Free, MSE or Avast Free- depending on their OS and all run Superantispyware Pro because you can set it and forget it and do not have to do manual scans which most users tend to forget because we all have very busy lives.

robin