Sign in to follow this  
m00nd0g

My Security Search

My friend computer was infected with this Trojan on his Windows 7 home premium 64b comp. While he was using your free version and performing a scan Super didn't notice this trojan " My Security Search " . You just might want to look into it . Thank god the other free malware program which I wouldn't name, you probably already know which one found this nasty and got rid of it . This trojan prevents you from using your anti virus program .

Welcome to the SuperAntiSpyware forum Moondog.

Do you know if your friend was using SAS's latest core and definition files?

Can he post the SAS log?

Welcome to the SuperAntiSpyware forum Moondog.

Do you know if your friend was using SAS's latest core and definition files?

Can he post the SAS log?

Yes he was . Why, are you saying it should of had pick it up ? I'm curious if you have tested this trojan out for yourself or knows someone whom has ? Its to late for the log unless its saved elsewhere on the comp

Are you saying it should of had pick it up ?

Without a sample it's hard to say. Also keep in mind that some infections are named differently between various antimalware programs.

I'm curious if you have tested this trojan out for yourself or knows someone whom has ? Its to late for the log unless its saved elsewhere on the comp

The log is saved in Preferences>Statistics/Logs.

Most antimalware applications will save a log by default. Any chance of posting the log for the program that removed the infection?

...and yes, I disinfect many computers that don't allow an antimalware app install. Even worse, are infections that don't allow use of your computer without forgoing a credit card number.

Without a sample it's hard to say. Also keep in mind that some infections are named differently between various antimalware programs.

The log is saved in Preferences>Statistics/Logs.

Most antimalware applications will save a log by default. Any chance of posting the log for the program that removed the infection?

...and yes, I disinfect many computers that don't allow an antimalware app install. Even worse, are infections that don't allow use of your computer without forgoing a credit card number.

Sorry for the long delay but he doesn't have a log file kept . Though if you want some more info on it , look at this website link

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-my-security-engine

Guest monclerjackets

I feel like playing practical jokes so I do not want to try.Thank you for sharing!This is a wonderful feeling, when you go shopping and the concept has been conceived and finished the final combination.