Sign in to follow this  
JohnD

SAS Pro Update on STart delay

Is there anyway to delay the update on startup? For example, check for an update 15 min after startup? Based on looking at the preferences page, It appears that if I have the option of checking at startup, or 8 hours after startup (or both). I want it to check for updates, just not at startup....a few minutes after.

Thanks

Is there anyway to delay the update on startup? For example, check for an update 15 min after startup? Based on looking at the preferences page, It appears that if I have the option of checking at startup, or 8 hours after startup (or both). I want it to check for updates, just not at startup....a few minutes after.

Thanks

There is no way to delay the update as per your desire. This has been submitted by others as a enhancement request; however, the developers have not yet incorporated it.

There is no way to delay the update as per your desire. This has been submitted by others as a enhancement request; however, the developers have not yet incorporated it.

Have the developers ever replied as to when they may incorporate it, or why not? Seems like it would be rather easy to add.

Thanks

Have the developers ever replied as to when they may incorporate it, or why not? Seems like it would be rather easy to add.

Thanks

We have a long list of feature requests that we prioritize on every new release. All requests are logged for possible inclusion.

As far as "easy" - most of the requests are not difficult but each takes time and resources and we also are mindful of not feature bloating our products.

We have a long list of feature requests that we prioritize on every new release. All requests are logged for possible inclusion.

As far as "easy" - most of the requests are not difficult but each takes time and resources and we also are mindful of not feature bloating our products.

Again and again, command-line parameters are the best solution to this issue. It's simpler for you to implement. Users are allowed to update/scan at any moment of their choosing. It's much flexible.

Again and again, command-line parameters are the best solution to this issue. It's simpler for you to implement. Users are allowed to update/scan at any moment of their choosing. It's much flexible.

Most users have no idea how to create scripts or use command line options, so in program options are required.