Jones500

What is going on?

I have been using the free version of SuperAntiSpyware for years and decided to download the Professional trial version but I've had nothing but trouble. First, I uninstalled the free version with the Superantispyware uninstaller before I installed the trial version. But, since the first installation, it has been telling me "evaluation period expired". I just downloaded it today. So, I used the uninstaller again and uninstalled the trial version this time. Went into the registry and cleaned up anything that was referring to SuperAntispyware, rebooted, and then installed it again but it didn't change a thing. What is going on? If the trial version is this bad, maybe I had better forget about purchasing the Professional version. I had read such good reviews about it and wanted to try it first. I did a search on these forums but everything I found was about people who had already purchased it and was getting this error. Is this how it's going to be?

I have been using the free version of SuperAntiSpyware for years and decided to download the Professional trial version but I've had nothing but trouble. First, I uninstalled the free version with the Superantispyware uninstaller before I installed the trial version. But, since the first installation, it has been telling me "evaluation period expired". I just downloaded it today. So, I used the uninstaller again and uninstalled the trial version this time. Went into the registry and cleaned up anything that was referring to SuperAntispyware, rebooted, and then installed it again but it didn't change a thing. What is going on? If the trial version is this bad, maybe I had better forget about purchasing the Professional version. I had read such good reviews about it and wanted to try it first. I did a search on these forums but everything I found was about people who had already purchased it and was getting this error. Is this how it's going to be?

I apologize for this dumb question. I know better than this. I was trying to think on about 3 hours of sleep. Though I've never tried the trial version before, I know that I can't because of it "thinking that I have" and no one can help me here. I use the paid version of Avira Premium 10 and I've read on their support site where they claim that there will be problems with the real time protection in SuperAntiSpyware Pro and Avira. I was hoping to try it first before I purchase it otherwise, I would have purchased it in a heartbeat. Again, sorry for my sleepy stupidity.

I apologize for this dumb question. I know better than this. I was trying to think on about 3 hours of sleep. Though I've never tried the trial version before, I know that I can't because of it "thinking that I have" and no one can help me here. I use the paid version of Avira Premium 10 and I've read on their support site where they claim that there will be problems with the real time protection in SuperAntiSpyware Pro and Avira. I was hoping to try it first before I purchase it otherwise, I would have purchased it in a heartbeat. Again, sorry for my sleepy stupidity.

I run Avira Premium Security Suite V10 along side SAS PRO with real-time active on Windows 7 x64 Professional and have never experienced any conflicts between the two. And it has been running concurrently on my systems since Avira V8, Avira V9, and now Avira V10 with no issues. :wink:

I run Avira Premium Security Suite V10 along side SAS PRO with real-time active on Windows 7 x64 Professional and have never experienced any conflicts between the two. And it has been running concurrently on my systems since Avira V8, Avira V9, and now Avira V10 with no issues. :wink:

I run SAS Pro along with Avira 10 Free with real time active on both on a Windows XP SP3 system with absolutely no conflict(s) either.

Mark

I hear a lot about multiple "real-time" programs interfering with each other. Supposedly, they can hinder the efficacy of each other in subtle ways. Is this true? Is there any concrete evidence of this or ways to find out? Not trying to hijack the thread, but I didn't feel the question was terribly far from the original poster's subject.

I'm currently running SAS Pro along with Norton IS 2010 and Malwarebytes Pro realtime, with no obvious issues, like slowdown or popup notifications. Logs don't reveal anything suspicious, either. I don't know if that means anything or not, though.