Blackjack Davey

SAS Pro And Microsoft Security Essentials

Hi Guys,

I have searched the forum for possible answers to my question and though I have seen posts on conflicts with other

anti-malware/av programs,cannot find any regarding MSE.

Is it possible to run SAS Pro and MSE together without fear of possible conflict? At present I am running both but

with SAS real time protection disabled. I know MSE Forum Moderators are quite specific on this subject when they say

you cannot run another av/anti-malware program with it's real time protection enabled,even if you add exclusions.

I am also running Malwarebytes (paid version),real time protection disabled because when I first installed MSE there

did seem to be some sort of conflict going on.

As things stand,these programs are running well together but I would like to enable protection in SAS but fear that

if I do,things might not be so harmonius! I look forward to any ideas/advice anyone may have.

Blackjack Davey

I'm running SAS real time along with MSE. Thus far, they seem to play quite nicely despite the admonition from MSE.

Hopefully we'll hear from some of the more technically savvy folks and forum administrators.

[font

=TimesMany thanks Blues for your reply and based on it I'll certainly "give it a go".

I installed MSE just after it came out but owing to the Malwarebytes problem,decided to uninstall and install Avast5

but I wasn't too happy with this combo,so reinstalled MSE and added SAS. As I've already said,these programs along with

Windows Firewall certainly run well with no problems.

Once again,many thanks and also,thanks for your endorsement Seth.

Blackjack Davey New Roman][/font]

Sorry, I don't know what happened with previous reply!

Many thanks Blues for your reply. I have enabled real time protection and so far,so good.

I would also like to thank Seth for affirming that there should be no problem. Thanks guys.

Blackjack Davey

Sorry, I don't know what happened with previous reply!

Many thanks Blues for your reply. I have enabled real time protection and so far,so good.

I would also like to thank Seth for affirming that there should be no problem. Thanks guys.

Blackjack Davey

You're very welcome. B)

I have been running SAS Pro with Real time protection along with MSE on Windows 7 and 3 x XP's since MSE was released. I have had no problems.

However, if you want assistance from Microsoft to resolve any issues with MSE, they will insist that you remove all other security software.

So glad to find this thread and hear that the new 64 bit version is playing nicely with MSE. I've been checking in here periodically to learn just this!! Looks like I can finally install my SAS Pro on my new HP 64 bit Win 7 machine. I've missed my SAS! :-)