OpenSorce

Suggestion: Write some software!

You guys are kidding right? Have any of you ever removed a virus or malicious piece of software before? Yeah? Then you know that you have to work in safe mode a lot when you're doing that right? And your superdupergrandemondoantispyware app won't even install in safe mode? No... seriously? Well that makes this little app about as useful as friggin MINESWEEPER for malware removal now doesn't it? Kinda like an umbrella that won't open in the rain.

PS, yeah I signed up on the forums purely to post this. Ban me. Or better yet go write some code.

And your superdupergrandemondoantispyware app won't even install in safe mode?

The new 32/64 bit combo installer that's in testing right now and in a very stable condition supports installation in safe mode, see https://forums.superantispyware.com/index.php?/topic/3453-superantispyware-pre-release-4901060-new-build-04282010/. Also, if you look up a tool called SafeMSI it will allow you to install any program in safe mode by making the registry changes for you and automatically starting the windows installer service.

Here is a link to download it from.

SafeMSI

You guys are kidding right? Have any of you ever removed a virus or malicious piece of software before? Yeah? Then you know that you have to work in safe mode a lot when you're doing that right? And your superdupergrandemondoantispyware app won't even install in safe mode? No... seriously? Well that makes this little app about as useful as friggin MINESWEEPER for malware removal now doesn't it? Kinda like an umbrella that won't open in the rain.

PS, yeah I signed up on the forums purely to post this. Ban me. Or better yet go write some code.

We have our portable edition that installs in safe mode right here:

https://www.superantispyware.com/portable

I guess you also know that most malware blocks typical installers as well (SAS, MBAM, etc. etc.) - so the portable gets around that.

We have our portable edition that installs in safe mode right here:

https://www.superantispyware.com/portable

I guess you also know that most malware blocks typical installers as well (SAS, MBAM, etc. etc.) - so the portable gets around that.

See now you're talking :-)

As you can tell by the timestamp on my post it was very late/early when I wrote it. I had been up all night battling a particular rootkit (which your product fixed when malwarebytes couldn't). My post was very rude. You guys have obviously put a lot of work into this. So, I apologize for the demeanor of that post. Good work making a solution that installs in safe mode and thanks for your gracious attitudes in your responses :-)

See now you're talking :-)

As you can tell by the timestamp on my post it was very late/early when I wrote it. I had been up all night battling a particular rootkit (which your product fixed when malwarebytes couldn't). My post was very rude. You guys have obviously put a lot of work into this. So, I apologize for the demeanor of that post. Good work making a solution that installs in safe mode and thanks for your gracious attitudes in your responses :-)

Sounds to me like the purchase of the "Pro" version would be a nice way of making amends. (I'm just saying... ;) )

Sounds to me like the purchase of the "Pro" version would be a nice way of making amends. (I'm just saying... ;) )

Haha. It would. If I were inclined to ever use what Microsoft narrowly passes off as an operating system I would probably do so. Still, a portable version of Pro might be in order for when I do work on the computers of the misguided :-)

Haha. It would. If I were inclined to ever use what Microsoft narrowly passes off as an operating system I would probably do so. Still, a portable version of Pro might be in order for when I do work on the computers of the misguided :-)

Since you're not running Windows but are using the software, you must be using it on other people's systems... like a technician would.

So, let's not overlook the purchase of a Technician's License for the proper use of the Portable version:

https://www.superantispyware.com/shoppingcart.html?action=add&sku=SASTECH000