bushhog

ZUMIESEARCH

Hi Everyone,

I've noticed after running the custom scan and only selecting registry the last item scanned was C:\Program Files\ZUMIESEARCH, I have never knowingly downloaded this program, SuperAntiSpyware does not flag this item but after doing a web search it sounds like its malware.

I have been trying to locate it on my computer with search,windows explorer,and I have even downloaded RegSeeker to help locate it in the registry with no success at all. I guess my question is, is there any way to find the location that SuperAntiSpyware is finding this item at? And should I be worried about having this entry on my computer? Oh I forgot to mention I do not have any files hidden in folder option, I've looked in that exact location C:\Program Files\ZUMIESEARCH and there is no such file showing up there. Any help or advice appreciated, Thanks.

bushhog

Welcome to the SuperAntiSpyware forum Bushhog.

When you did the search, did you search all files and folders?

Did you check the Add/Remove program list?

Try searching for just "zumie".

Also, be sure you're using the latest version of SAS, you can get core and definition file updates by right clicking on the SAS icon and choosing "Check For Updates".

Welcome to the SuperAntiSpyware forum Bushhog.

When you did the search, did you search all files and folders?

Did you check the Add/Remove program list?

Try searching for just "zumie".

Also, be sure you're using the latest version of SAS, you can get core and definition file updates by right clicking on the SAS icon and choosing "Check For Updates".

Hi Seth,thank you very much for the welcome and replying to my post.

Yes I searched all files and folders with the advanced options set to search system folders,search hidden files and folders and search subfolders.

I just finished looking through the add/remove program list after reading your reply and I don't see a program called ZUMIESEARCH,post-11707-127327513593_thumb.jpg afterwards I ticked the box to show updates and still could not find it.

I tried searching again with just ZUMIE but still no luck.

SuperAntiSpyware found a program update just today (5-7-2010) that it installed then I did the definitions update and a full scan but it hasn't flagged ZUMIESEARCH, maybe i'm just being paranoid because i've ran Avira,SuperAntiSpyware,Malwarebytes-in both regular boot and safemode, also A-Squared Free and none have found an infection. Can malware put something in the registry for use later on even if the program isn't installed?

Thanks again for helping me :), bushhog.

PS I hope im replying correctly and I'm attaching a screenshot of SuperAntiSpyware showing the ZUMIESEARCH program.

You're welcome.

Can malware put something in the registry for use later on even if the program isn't installed?

Not that I'm aware of.

Given that the update solved the issue, and the other scans you performed, I wouldn't worry about it.

You're welcome.

Not that I'm aware of.

Given that the update solved the issue, and the other scans you performed, I wouldn't worry about it.

Well even after the SAS program and definition update and still doing a custom scan for the registry only, the last item scanned still is C:\Program Files\ZUMIESEARCH. But since none of the scanners flag it as a threat im going to take your advice and not worry about it. I appreciate your help and advice :) and thanks for taking the time to reply to me.