greyowl

incremental updates

I am wondering if SAS has incremental updating for the database updates or do you have to download the entire database for each new update.

What is the typical size of the database update and how often is it updated?

Thanks for the information.

I only have dialup internet so updating daily is an issue when I have multiple antimalware programs.

Do you have any idea when incremental updates will be added to SAS?

I also use Avira Security Suite and MBAM. Do you think that SAS will add some significant security or would it be overkill?

Thanks for the information.

I only have dialup internet so updating daily is an issue when I have multiple antimalware programs.

Do you have any idea when incremental updates will be added to SAS?

I also use Avira Security Suite and MBAM. Do you think that SAS will add some significant security or would it be overkill?

I assume that you mean that you have the real-time monitoring licensed version of MBAM, eh? If so, I think that SAS PRO would be a bit of overkill....particularly since you also have Avira. I would just use the free version of SAS and manually scan your system with SAS. Of course, you would want to update the definitions of SAS just prior to the scan.

I suspect that the incremental update enhancement is several months in the future. The SAS team seem to have a lot of other development in progress at the moment.