nobody

Help Please

Hi, I'm new here. My daughters laptop (running XP) has been infected by windows security alert, I've tried to AVG and Malewarebyes but it's been blocked. Tried installing SAS both the desktop version and the portable but am unable to install. I've pretty much run out of ideas. Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance

Hi, I'm new here. My daughters laptop (running XP) has been infected by windows security alert, I've tried to AVG and Malewarebyes but it's been blocked. Tried installing SAS both the desktop version and the portable but am unable to install. I've pretty much run out of ideas. Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance

When you say the portable version will not install, did you try?

1. On your computer, download the portable version and move it to a Flash drive, CD, or DVD that will work on your daughter's laptop.

2. Transfer the Flash drive, CD, or DVD from your computer to your daughter's computer.

3. Boot the laptop into SAFE MODE

4. Run the portable version of SAS and perform a COMPLETE Scan of the computer. Allow it quarantine what it finds.

The other option is to run the SAS Online scanner on the laptop.

https://www.superantispyware.com/onlinescan.html

well Try renaming the installers names then try installing them if that doesnt work try downloading SAS portable onto your computer then put it on a usb drive then put it on the infected computer... If the rouge keeps on blocking it try ending the process tree in task manager then that should do the trick and i hoped i helped........

I don't know what kind of malware you have, can you give us some more information. Lots of malware programs give fake Windows Security Alert messages and lots of malware block antimalware programs from installing and/or running.

Try renaming your antimalware programs like rename the Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware program which is mbam.exe to something like whatever.exe or something.com (Don't just rename the shortcut to the program, you need to rename the program that the shortcut points to.)

Try doing the same for the SAS install program, rename it from SUPERAntiSpyware.exe to something.exe or whatever.com and see if it will install.

If none of these work try downloading and running SASSAFERUN.COM

Try running Microsoft's Malware Removal Tool, click start then click run and type in MRT and hit OK.

Also try starting your computer in safe mode by using the F8 key and when in safe mode try running MBAM.