Sign in to follow this  
Mark123

Major False positive.

Well I decided to do a custom scan for cookies then It said it found a infected registry key saying that the task manager is disabled when its not Here is the scanner log:SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log Also Im running SAS pro lifetime....

https://www.superantispyware.com

Generated 04/29/2010 at 10:45 PM

Application Version : 4.36.1006

Core Rules Database Version : 4870

Trace Rules Database Version: 2682

Scan type : Custom Scan

Total Scan Time : 00:00:09

Memory items scanned : 0

Memory threats detected : 0

Registry items scanned : 0

Registry threats detected : 1

File items scanned : 0

File threats detected : 0

System.TaskManagerDisabled

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System#DisableTaskMgr

I also reported it for false positive

but it still detects it...

I got the same this morning, but my Malwarebytes had just downloaded a new version and I thought that might have something to do with it. :rolleyes:

I got the same this morning, but my Malwarebytes had just downloaded a new version and I thought that might have something to do with it. :rolleyes:

Yeah same here I just got 1.46 from updating it. Then superantispyware no matter what i scan the first thing to pop up is disable task manager..

I updated to MBAM 1.46 this morning to doublecheck a different 3 false positives I get with SAS on the new 1006 engine (https://forums.superantispyware.com/index.php?/topic/3741-systembrokenfileassociation/), but I do not get that same task manager false positive on my system when I just ran another scan (I did single file like you mention). But I do immediately get the 3 other registry false positives.

Everything seems to align that there is a bug in the new 1006 engine. Hopefully SAS will reply soon.

You might want to move this post to False Positive forum instead of here in Off Topic.

Hello.

False positives can be reported from within SAS.

Following the scan, highlight the suspected file, then click on "Report False Positive". The SAS team will then investigate, and make definition file changes if needed.

If the file is in quarantine, simply restore it from quarantine and run the scan again.