Sign in to follow this  
spooky1

sas wont remove virus

Hello All and good day, Well the kids limewired somthing into the comp , ran sas, it captured 2 rouge viruses. Sas maintained to re-boot to remove viruses. Did so and re scanned with sas to find the same viruses (same number) and now computer will not open up IN explorer. Im running xp. now I will try the sas portable and see if it will smoke it.

Hello All and good day, Well the kids limewired somthing into the comp , ran sas, it captured 2 rouge viruses. Sas maintained to re-boot to remove viruses. Did so and re scanned with sas to find the same viruses (same number) and now computer will not open up IN explorer. Im running xp. now I will try the sas portable and see if it will smoke it.

Please post the SAS scan log here so we can review what was detected.

Please post the SAS scan log here so we can review what was detected.

I would love to post the result however the internet access is unexcessable due to the virus

I would love to post the result however the internet access is unexcessable due to the virus

Go to filehippo.com and get a-squared free

download,detect and clean

Thanks a-squared could not remove file . It requested I contact there support group and I am still waiting for there email reply. Who the hell makes this virus stuff needs to be put through a tree chipper and then feed whats left to hogs. Again thanks for your try.

You don't need internet access to post the results (log). Right click the SAS icon and choose View Control Centre>Statistics/Logs.

Were you able to run the portable?

Yes I ran the portable. off safemode , on safe mode . ran the a -squard on and apparently the a-squard requires the 30 day trial to remove or quarrantne the traces so I have to re down load and .... I think I will back up files on western exterior drive & cd then Re install the whole system....

Yes I ran the portable. off safemode , on safe mode . ran the a -squard on and apparently the a-squard requires the 30 day trial to remove or quarrantne the traces so I have to re down load and .... I think I will back up files on western exterior drive & cd then Re install the whole system....

If you haven't reinstalled already, try resetting IE by going into Internet Options>Advanced>Reset (Not Restore Advanced Settings).

I was having the same problems. Seth is hopfully going to look at my post. what I had to do to restore explorer is to roll back to a restore date. that way you will be able to accsess internet. I think what is happening is the Ip Address is being removed when SAS removes the virus. view the log file to see if it says Trojan.DNS-Changer (Hi-Jacked DNS)

HKLM\SYSTEM\CURRENTCONTROLSET\SERVICES\TCPIP\PARAMETERS#NAMESERVER

HKLM\SYSTEM\CONTROLSET002\SERVICES\TCPIP\PARAMETERS#NAMESERVER

HKLM\SYSTEM\CONTROLSET005\SERVICES\TCPIP\PARAMETERS#NAMESERVER

If this is what it looks like then that is what is most likly happening. If you go into control panel and type ipconfig and it pulls up internal error registry item missing or incomplete. contact microsoft. then thats what it is for sure. I can't figure out how to get rid of the virus either. I think the virus is embeded in the controlset SAS can't distingush the harmful from the required so it will delete it all. that's my thoughts. If you come up with a remedy let me know I would like to smoke the one that I can't get rid of.

If you haven't reinstalled already, try resetting IE by going into Internet Options>Advanced>Reset (Not Restore Advanced Settings).

I don't think reset will work in this case because it's not the browser that is the problem it is the controlset. that is in MDOS Explorer is the shell. reset will not reconfigure MDOS settings.

I don't think reset will work in this case because it's not the browser that is the problem it is the controlset. that is in MDOS Explorer is the shell. reset will not reconfigure MDOS settings.

That's right, a reset won't fix that particular problem. However, we don't know if Spooky had an IE issue, or a registry issue related to internet addresses.

Guest coachhandbags1006

I contact there support group and I am still waiting for there email reply.It is specially designed for love fashion and simple design, the fans and the style of design, suitable for any occasion, and provide each season for fashionable handbags for female choice.COACH handbags has become a fashionable woman is one of the most popular handbag.