Mark123

How to put a password on wireless router?

Well lately I been trying to put a password on my router so my neighbors cant get on it. But each time i put a password my other labtop cant connect to the internet please help me Im tired of my internet being used by other people. ("I dont like free loaders")

Well lately I been trying to put a password on my router so my neighbors cant get on it. But each time i put a password my other labtop cant connect to the internet please help me Im tired of my internet being used by other people. ("I dont like free loaders")

I would google your router and look up the instructions - each router is unique. It should be easy to set up WEP or WPA

I would google your router and look up the instructions - each router is unique. It should be easy to set up WEP or WPA

Well im thinking about calling my isp and have them help me set it up I would think thats the best idea for now.

Well im thinking about calling my isp and have them help me set it up I would think thats the best idea for now.

google the router

then go to the router's website and look in the search for the http address to get into the router

you can put it "how to manually configure the router"

It should give you the default username and password- you need this to get into the router

If you are on verizon dsl or fios you can go to their website and login and get the info for this. When getting verizion you should have received a booklet that shows you how to do this. If not try the website or call them to give you the http numbers and username and password to get into the router

once you are in look for "wireless Security"

in there you are looking for the SSID to rename the router

You will also find in that section how to add a WEP or WAPA Key

Once you do this you will have to SAVE the information and there should be a button for that

then you must put this into your laptop once it sees your new SSID name

robin