Sign in to follow this  
Madeline

Update once for all users

I've seen this mentioned elsewhere on this site, but I can't remember where! Sorry for my poor memory.

At present, both my husband and myself have to download the same updates on our own user accounts. We're on dial-up because it's all we can get and downloading the same thing twice takes ages and is very time-consuming. Can we have a new feature in a version of SAS which will allow one update to suffice for each user's version of SAS please?

I've seen this mentioned elsewhere on this site, but I can't remember where! Sorry for my poor memory.

At present, both my husband and myself have to download the same updates on our own user accounts. We're on dial-up because it's all we can get and downloading the same thing twice takes ages and is very time-consuming. Can we have a new feature in a version of SAS which will allow one update to suffice for each user's version of SAS please?

This will be in one of the upcoming releases in the near future!

This will be in one of the upcoming releases in the near future!

Thanks Nick, that's good to know and we'll be looking forward to that release! :-)

We're on dial-up because it's all we can get and downloading the same thing twice takes ages and is very time-consuming.

In the meanwhile why don't you update with the Manual Download Installer by downloading SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to a USB Flash Drive and use that file, at present 5.08MB, to update both?

In the meanwhile why don't you update with the Manual Download Installer by downloading SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to a USB Flash Drive and use that file, at present 5.08MB, to update both?

I could do that, or I could download SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to my Downloads folder, run it on my account, copy it to my husband's desktop and install it on his account too. In fact, I may do this temporarily.

The thing is, I just want to download the update for SAS once and for that update to be effective on both accounts without any further action needed. This is what happens on other programs I have and I'm pleased that it will be the case with SAS before too long.

Thanks for your suggestion though, it's much appreciated. :)

I had the same question, but subsequent to the simultaneous updating process becoming available for all accounts on a single computer, will a single SAS scan from one account scan the other accounts on the PC?

Currently I had set the scan for the whole computer from my Vista Adminstrator account and it was some time before I realised from the SAS information screen on a 'normal' users account that their account had not been scanned at all.

Using SAS Pro Lifetime.

Thanks in anticipation.

Guest ximike2101

The Special Air Service or SAS is a special forces regiment of the British Army that has served as a model for the special forces of other countries.[7][9] The Special Air Service together with the Special Boat Service (SBS), Special Reconnaissance Regiment (SRR), and the Special Forces Support Group (SFSG) form the United Kingdom Special Forces under the command of the Director Special Forces.