Sign in to follow this  
feralicious

"Preparing to Move" window SAS related?

Windows Vista Home Premium

SAS Free 4.33.0.1000

Hi. Over the last couple weeks when I boot up I've gotten a Windows window that says "Preparing to Move". It is the window you get when you are actually copying/moving files in Vista. It isn't moving anything, there are no files listed, and then it disappears. I had installed SAS and MBAM around that time. I uninstalled SAS to see if that was the problem (it was also having another issue of acting like it was just installed every time I booted up) and I no longer get that "Preparing to Move" window.

I googled and all links pointed to only one other person who had this happening to him but there was no solution/reason for it. I searched the forums here and didn't find anything. Has anyone seen this before and do you know if it is due to SAS?

TIA

Windows Vista Home Premium

SAS Free 4.33.0.1000

Hi. Over the last couple weeks when I boot up I've gotten a Windows window that says "Preparing to Move". It is the window you get when you are actually copying/moving files in Vista. It isn't moving anything, there are no files listed, and then it disappears. I had installed SAS and MBAM around that time. I uninstalled SAS to see if that was the problem (it was also having another issue of acting like it was just installed every time I booted up) and I no longer get that "Preparing to Move" window.

I googled and all links pointed to only one other person who had this happening to him but there was no solution/reason for it. I searched the forums here and didn't find anything. Has anyone seen this before and do you know if it is due to SAS?

TIA

We have never had such a report and I don't think that is link to our software or MBAM's. You should update to our 4.35.1002 though.

Okay, thanks. I think it was possibly that windows didn't complete the installation when I installed the free version because I also had to go through the setup wizard each time I rebooted. I just reinstalled so here's hoping all's well.

I did buy the Pro and used the latest version that you mentioned.