Sign in to follow this  
feralicious

Install in User Account or Admin Account?

Hi. I started with the free version, installed it to my User Account. Every time I booted up I had to go through the whole process again as if I had just installed it, clicking all the options about entering email, allowing data to be sent etc... Also, once the program started I could update from inside it, but there was always a "pop up" thing in the bottom corner of my screen saying there was an update available but every time I tried to update that way it said I had to do it through my Admin account. Should I have installed it into my Admin account?

I've since uninstalled (used the SAS uninstaller after doing the regular windows uninstall)and am going to reinstall the Pro version which I bought and want to make sure which account I should install to.

TIA

Hi. I started with the free version, installed it to my User Account. Every time I booted up I had to go through the whole process again as if I had just installed it, clicking all the options about entering email, allowing data to be sent etc... Also, once the program started I could update from inside it, but there was always a "pop up" thing in the bottom corner of my screen saying there was an update available but every time I tried to update that way it said I had to do it through my Admin account. Should I have installed it into my Admin account?

I've since uninstalled (used the SAS uninstaller after doing the regular windows uninstall)and am going to reinstall the Pro version which I bought and want to make sure which account I should install to.

TIA

You should be signed on under an account that has full administrative privileges and into your Admin account

You should be signed on under an account that has full administrative privileges and into your Admin account

Thanks. I had already installed last night and just saw your post now.

I installed from my user account (without right clicking > Run as Admin) and it seems to have gone into the Admin account and is working in my user account. So I must have given myself enough control to do that.

I am no longer having issues with my install. I think windows didn't complete the install last time around.