Sign in to follow this  
Mark123

Do you think sas pro is worth it??????

I'M just wondering because im thinking about buying the pro version tomorrow....

Personally, I wouldn't leave home without it on my 2 Windows 7 systems. And the additional $9.95 to obtain a lifetime subscription makes it well worth the money.

If you check other security forums such as DSLReports, Norton, Avira and others, you will see SAS frequently recommended for malware removal. The real-time protection of the PRO version runs smoothly with other real-time security programs.

If you are running 64-bit Windows 7, Vista, or XP, the official public release of SAS Pro is not yet fully 64-bit compatible. The 64-bit version is in full pre-release testing at the present time. It shouldn't be too long before it is officially released to the general public.

Personally, I wouldn't leave home without it on my 2 Windows 7 systems. And the additional $9.95 to obtain a lifetime subscription makes it well worth the money.

If you check other security forums such as DSLReports, Norton, Avira and others, you will see SAS frequently recommended for malware removal. The real-time protection of the PRO version runs smoothly with other real-time security programs.

If you are running 64-bit Windows 7, Vista, or XP, the official public release of SAS Pro is not yet fully 64-bit compatible. The 64-bit version is in full pre-release testing at the present time. It shouldn't be too long before it is officially released to the general public.

well I got Norton 360 and malwarebytes pro and of course of SUPERantispyware But I think i should wait till Norton's subscription runs out then buy sas... Or should you just think I should buy it tomorrow?????? Thank you for replying =)

SAS PRO is not a replacement for Norton 360. SAS does not have a virus scanning engine or a firewall or many other features that Norton 360 offers. You should keep Norton 360's subscription current unless you are planning to change it with something like Avira or Avast security suite. If you have already invested in MBAM PRO and have Norton 360 active, you already have good real-time protection. Using the SAS Free for demand scans should be more than adequate.

SAS PRO is not a replacement for Norton 360. SAS does not have a virus scanning engine or a firewall or many other features that Norton 360 offers. You should keep Norton 360's subscription current unless you are planning to change it with something like Avira or Avast security suite. If you have already invested in MBAM PRO and have Norton 360 active, you already have good real-time protection. Using the SAS Free for demand scans should be more than adequate.

But still my mom likes to get on my computer and she go's on websites that usually have a drive-by spyware download..

And she doesn't like using mbam. But still I like sas and I will go forward with this because i would like to repay them for all the work that they have done just to protect us of viruses.. but thanks for helping me.... but please keep on replying!

But still my mom likes to get on my computer and she go's on websites that usually have a drive-by spyware download..

And she doesn't like using mbam. But still I like sas and I will go forward with this because i would like to repay them for all the work that they have done just to protect us of viruses.. but thanks for helping me.... but please keep on replying!

Replacing MBAM with SAS PRO is not all that needs to be done for "Mom".

- You should install freebie program SpywareBlaster V4.3 to block a multitude of malicious things that are present on websites. You can read about SpywareBlaster at the links below.

http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23

- Mom should have her own limited User account which will help protect against malicious activity

- Set Norton 360's protection settings to the highest levels. Also be sure that you have the latest version of Norton 360 so that your protection features are the latest available.

- Tighten up the security settings on your browser.

Replacing MBAM with SAS PRO is not all that needs to be done for "Mom".

- You should install freebie program SpywareBlaster V4.3 to block a multitude of malicious things that are present on websites. You can read about SpywareBlaster at the links below.

http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23

- Mom should have her own limited User account which will help protect against malicious activity

- Set Norton 360's protection settings to the highest levels. Also be sure that you have the latest version of Norton 360 so that your protection features are the latest available.

- Tighten up the security settings on your browser.

Thanks I will look this up spywareblaster... But the reason why i wanna buy sas pro is because my norton 360's subscription is soon to run out. i will make a new user account for my mom.. thanks for replying sorry if im wasting your time =) p.s Im just a 15teen year old that is addicted to computers and stuff!!!!!

Thanks I will look this up spywareblaster... But the reason why i wanna buy sas pro is because my norton 360's subscription is soon to run out. i will make a new user account for my mom.. thanks for replying sorry if im wasting your time =) p.s Im just a 15teen year old that is addicted to computers and stuff!!!!!

I hope you understand what he was telling you!!! SAS is NOT a replacement for Antivirus software. It still requires an AV program. I personally suggest Eset NOD32 over Symantec. Don't get me ranting about that horrible outfit.... LOL

Eset NOD32 and SAS is a fantastic combo that would be more affective and less of a resource hit than Norton 360.

I personally use these three and have (as far as I know) been malware free for some YEARS...

AV: Eset NOD32

Malware: SAS Pro

Firewall: Outpost Pro

Two of those programs, SAS pro and Outpost Pro, have licensing for LIFE! so it's a one time payment. Eset offers great deals if you purchase multiple years at a time. Average is about $30 bucks a year I believe. There is an interesting deal where if you buy Hitman Pro the cloud AV program you can get a NOD32 seat with it free. www.hitmanpro.nl I believe...

I hope you understand what he was telling you!!! SAS is NOT a replacement for Antivirus software. It still requires an AV program. I personally suggest Eset NOD32 over Symantec. Don't get me ranting about that horrible outfit.... LOL

Eset NOD32 and SAS is a fantastic combo that would be more affective and less of a resource hit than Norton 360.

I personally use these three and have (as far as I know) been malware free for some YEARS...

AV: Eset NOD32

Malware: SAS Pro

Firewall: Outpost Pro

Two of those programs, SAS pro and Outpost Pro, have licensing for LIFE! so it's a one time payment. Eset offers great deals if you purchase multiple years at a time. Average is about $30 bucks a year I believe. There is an interesting deal where if you buy Hitman Pro the cloud AV program you can get a NOD32 seat with it free. www.hitmanpro.nl I believe...

when the subscription runs out on Norton you should uninstall it and install Avast Free or Microsoft Security Essentials Free versions, Avast is a little more complicated to configure but MSE is not. Both are excellant Antivirus Programs. I normally recommend AVG FREE but it has been having problems with its latest version of many computers.

You should purchase Superantispyware Pro because it allows you to schedule scans which the free doesn't and protects you more in real time.

robin

when the subscription runs out on Norton you should uninstall it and install Avast Free or Microsoft Security Essentials Free versions, Avast is a little more complicated to configure but MSE is not. Both are excellant Antivirus Programs. I normally recommend AVG FREE but it has been having problems with its latest version of many computers.

You should purchase Superantispyware Pro because it allows you to schedule scans which the free doesn't and protects you more in real time.

robin

You also need a firewall.

And once again... if you don't renew Norton you still NEED anti-virus and firewall IN ADDITION to SAS.

You also need a firewall.

And once again... if you don't renew Norton you still NEED anti-virus and firewall IN ADDITION to SAS.

Hi. I use Avira Free AV, SAS Pro and Comodo Internet Security (Firewall portion only) and never had any problems and absolutely no computer slow down. I dumped Spyware Doctor (paid version) for SAS Pro several months ago and am very happy with my decision.

Mark

I'M just wondering because im thinking about buying the pro version tomorrow....

I purchased the Pro version because I got a discount and a discount on top of that with the lifetime updates. That being said the main purpose of the pro is the ability to be active and block spyware. As far as I can tell it can not block the Ave.exe aka Antivirus 2010 and it's malware threats. Now may be I'm doing something wrong but if you are going to block spyware and you can't deal with the biggest issue out there then it's not worth it.

I purchased the Pro version because I got a discount and a discount on top of that with the lifetime updates. That being said the main purpose of the pro is the ability to be active and block spyware. As far as I can tell it can not block the Ave.exe aka Antivirus 2010 and it's malware threats. Now may be I'm doing something wrong but if you are going to block spyware and you can't deal with the biggest issue out there then it's not worth it.

I've never heard of that virus and I've never gotten it and wasn't using real time SAS protection until last night. Perhaps you didn't have proper AV software installed if you got it. SAS is not a replacement for an AV program.

I've never heard of that virus and I've never gotten it and wasn't using real time SAS protection until last night. Perhaps you didn't have proper AV software installed if you got it. SAS is not a replacement for an AV program.

I use Avira as my virus protection and it's been very effective and added SAS in combination with that because of the issues with all the flavors of AVE.exe and it's varients. I'll add a link because it's spyware as well as a virus.

This link discusses it : http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-antivirus-2010

IMO, Avira is borderline "Scareware".

With that being said, suggestions for internet security are often moot unless one knows what the end user is surfing. For example, is Mom downloading music via P2P or using Facebook?

For most computer users, I suggest Microsoft Security Essentials, SuperAntiSpyware with a lifetime subscription, and MalwareBytes on demand.